La Paz or Cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuubaadoo

Reaction score
Hey guys thinking of doing a trip to the Sea of Cortez, Sept. I got some recommendations for La Paz and other for Cabo. La Paz diving is supposed to be great but someone told me the head south and it was better to stay at Cabo. Other have told me the the opposite. Any thoughts, recommendations, personal experiences?

This is not the season to Dive La Paz. To windy, Big waves, and bad currents no Vis.

We run dives in Cabo and trips to La Paz and both are beautiful for different reasons. La Paz has fantastic Sealions colonies and great sites like El Bajo where they sometimes get schooling Hammerheads. There are also a couple of cool wrecks up there but most of there dive sites involve a 1-2hr boat ride. Cabo San Lucas has a beautiful underwater canyon that drops several thousand feet and has amazing rock formations very similar selection of sea life and is only a few minutes boat ride from the Marina. We also have Gordo Banks that is a lone sea mound several miles out from San Jose Del Cabo where you have a chance of seeing schooling Hammerheads!! Depending on how long your trip is it is definitely possible to dive both areas in one trip as La Paz is only around a 3hr drive from Cabo.
Hope that helps!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom