Akumal dive shop question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nicobella

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey,
does anyone know about the dive shop on the Grand Sirenis in Akumel Mexico?? We want ot do our AOW and not sure if it's PADI certified.
Please help!!

Okay, so how do I find out if the instructor's are certified? I really don't feel comfortable asking to see there card... Any recommendations??
Thanks for getting back to me :)
We're off the Mexico tomorrow morning and I will keep that in mind.

It is unlikely that the instructors wouldn't be in teaching status... otherwise they wouldn't be able to process your certification (as most places these days use PIC-Online), but you are well within your right to ask to see their card and confirmation that they are in teaching status.

Hey,
does anyone know about the dive shop on the Grand Sirenis in Akumel Mexico?? We want ot do our AOW and not sure if it's PADI certified.
Please help!!

Okay a little slow on replying, but just returned from the Grand Sirenis and thought I'd bring back some updates for all.

The Dive Shop (independently operated from the Grand Sirenis) was Aqua-Inn 2 years ago, but is now owned (I hear partly by a Canadian) and operated by Underwater Technical World, Underwater Technical World, Scuba Diving Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Puerto Aventuras, Mexico.

The shop is well run with professionals who care about their clients, and for myself, went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our vacation.

If you’re going to the Grand Sirenis, use Underwater Technical World right on site for all your diving, snorkeling, and Cenote exploration, and be sure to ask for Roberto (he typically runs the day to day operations) to ensure the best experience and customer care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom