I screwed up. Need a decent operator in cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nurumkin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I thought I had the diving for my entire trip planned , but I guess I forgot to finalize the reservation. Does anyone know a good dive operator that I could book some last minute dives through. I would like to dive 4 or 5 days while I'm there, I tried to call alwaysdiving.com but their number is disconnected.

Last edited:
Try Scorpio Divers.

Try Solo Buceo down by Dreams Hotel. They have their own boats, no cattle boats, and should be able to handle you easily.

Forget Cancun. Get out to Cozumel and get booked with Aldora dive shop. 8 divers maximum, 120 cf tanks, nitrox. Incredible viz and up to 70 minutes bottom time. Aldora.com, you will not regret it!

Bob

Just got back from my honeymoon with my wife. We did a bit of research before going, and after receiving cut and paste responses from several other dive operators (mentioned on this site in various sections of the forums, but not including Scorpio Divers, which I've read good things about but haven't dove with), we decided to go the route of a more personal approach. Luckily, we found Alvaro Gonzalez of Alwaysdiving.com. It doesn't get more personalized (not to mention affordable!) than this. You won't meet a better friend to take you diving in Mexico! It's really nice to have met a dive operator who just genuinely loves diving and doesn't sacrifice this love for the profits of mass commercialization. You WILL get the most out of diving Mexico with Alvaro, I guarantee it! I cannot recommend this guy highly enough!!!<br><br>We decided to take our Advanced Open Water certification over 3 days of diving, with an unplanned fourth day diving Chac-Mool and Angelita cenotes! AMAZING!!! We dove with wild dolphins, saw (and touched!) sea turtles, did a wreck dive, saw a stingray, and enjoyed the extremely unique experience of diving in Mexico's cenotes. We dove Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Isla Tortugas, and Cozumel. Definitely going to save up for another dive vacation with Alvaro! If you decide to go, please tell him Ted and Tomoko say "Hola!". After diving, ask if he can take you to Taco Paco. Best fish and prawn tacos ever!

Last edited:
I'd also recommend splitting up the five days between cozumel and tulum. The cenotes are amazing, just ensure your guide knows that you will not go beyond the sign into the cave.

Just got back from my honeymoon with my wife.!

Taking your wife on your honeymoon was a good idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom