Cozumel Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NCScubaVol

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What a great diving adventure last Tuesday, March 20th, with Aldora! I've been diving the Caribbean Islands since 2006 and, without a doubt, Aldora & Cozumel was the best diving experience I have had yet. Well organized shop, friendly & knowledgeable staff, dive master and boat captain, incredible visibility, fantastic sea life, coral and sponges. The next trip we make to Mexico will definitely be to Cozumel. From what I saw briefly of Cozumel, there seems to be a lot more to do, see and shop than Cancun & Playa. We had six divers all with 120 cf tanks of nitrox. First dive was 70 minutes of bottom time with 75' max depth. Could have gone deeper if we had wanted, but, there was so much to see and enjoy at that depth it wasn't necessary to go deeper. 1.5 hour interval time while we enjoyed a shore lunch at a local restaurant. The second dive was 65 minutes of bottom time at 45' with an incredible drift dive. The really nice part was the dive boat stayed with us so when we surfaced it was right there. Aldora has a couple of apartments you can rent also. I can't wait to get back! Aldora.com, you will not be disappointed!

Robert C.

Sounds like you were very impressed with Cozumel and Aldora. I've used them in the past and agree. It also sounds like you were only there for a day. It's a great place to spend a week and get to know the island.

I don't agree with there being more to see and places to eat on Coz than the mainland. Yes there is plenty to keep you busy and plenty of good restaurants on the island, but there are many historical, cultural and culinary opportunities to be had in the Playa area that are not available on Coz. Both are great in their own ways.

But the best diving is definately on Cozumel! IMO

Hope you get back to enjoy it again soon.

Safe diving,

PH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom