Diving conditions and water temperature in Socorro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Could you compare conditions to places like Galapagos or Cocos. How about currents?

I would like to visit a big fish destination, but Galapagos was too cold for me and too much current (even compared to Maldives, Sudan).

Cheers,
Liberty

November is around 27-28. Then it starts getting colder, and at its coldest around February, it probably gets down to as low as about 22. But never as cold as the Central or Western Islands of Galapagos. If anything, I usually feel the coldest in Socorros if there is a strong breeze and I am either trying to take the wetsuit off or putting the wet wetsuit on.

I have seen stiff currents near the surface in Cabo Pearce on Socorro Island and at the Boiler in San Benedicto, but once we got to depth, it was OK.

To me, Socorros is definitely easier than Galapagos. Most of time if there is current, it is fairly mild and there is no surge like there is sometimes in Galapagos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom