Good diving to recommend in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gymrat76

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone

I'm from Singapore and will be over in San Diego sometime early October for work. I was actually toying with the idea of doing some diving in Mexico just before or just after the week I'm there for work, together with a friend who lives out in Houston.

From what I've found out so far, its pretty much the wrong season for diving in most of the places in October. About the only one I was recommended was the Great White cage dives at Guadalupe which leaves via San Diego.

Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction so I can find out more and see if I was work out some sort of itinerary for diving. Thanks a bunch!

Cheers
Jason

october can still be nice warm clear water in puerto vallarta, it is the tail end of the diving season. maybe while your in san diego you can check the weather report to see how the weather and water is, make sure there is no big storms forcasted. october is still real slow in vallarta maybe you can find deals on hotel and flights too.

Cozumel would be another choice for some good diving and there are lots of flights from Houston if you're going with someone from there. Can also take the ferry over to Playa Del Carmen from Cozumel and dive the cenotes as well.

Hello from Cabo San Lucas, in October we are in the middle of the best season for Diving Baja.
Water temp.s average 83 degrees Vis. 75 to 100 feet. As far as seeing Tropical marine life you will see 800 different Species from Sea Horses to Mantas, Green Sea Turtles, Sea Lions. All of this is just 5 min. boat from the Cabo Marina. Here at Lands End we are at the tip of 1000 long peninsula sticking out into the Sea of Cortez almost like an island.
You will feel like you jumped into a giant Fish bowl. Sometimes there are so many fish you cant see the rest of your group.
Safe Diving to all.
Dee

The only real issue with October is the chance of hurricanes. The season is winding down, but still quite active. Late October would be a little less less risky than early October. I suggest you "play the weather as much as possible, and not book too far in advance. Good luck!
DivemasterDennis

Thanks guys. Will google a bit more on the places you recommended and talk to a friend who was just there diving for 3 weeks. Hope the weather is good! Cheers
Jason

I would recommend staying in Playa del Carmen. It's closer has alot more to do and is closer to the cenotes. I love diving here at that time of the year because here in Playa, the fish are spawning so we see alot of sealife and action! Also it's a low time of the year from us so it's easy to find a good deal on a dive package. PM me if you have any specific questions about the area, I've been here diving for ten years and know the place very well.

Back
Top Bottom