San Carlos Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koozemani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This past weekend was some of the worst vis i've ever seen there, but despite the conditions, i managed to take some of the best pics that ive ever taken. They suck compared to some of the amazing pics that are posted here, but i'm pretty stoked about some of them.

DSCN0685.jpgDSCN0740.jpgDSCN0742.jpgDSCN0758.jpgDSCN0774.jpgDSCN0777.jpgDSCN0706.jpgDSCN0708.jpgDSCN0710.jpgDSCN0712.jpgDSCN0691.jpgDSCN0695.jpg

a few more...

DSCN0798.jpgDSCN0814.jpgDSCN0816.jpgDSCN0817.jpgDSCN0819.jpgDSCN0822.jpgDSCN0825.jpgDSCN0873.jpg

Nice pics! They make me want to try a trip to San Carlos since we live in AZ and have never been there. What was the water temp? What mil was your wetsuit? Who do you dive with in San Carlos?

Nice pics! They make me want to try a trip to San Carlos since we live in AZ and have never been there. What was the water temp? What mil was your wetsuit? Who do you dive with in San Carlos?

Sab Carlos is seriously under rated as a dive destination. Where in AZ are you located? This time of year water temps are low to upper 60s. Over the summer, water temps will rise to the upper 80s. My favorite time of the year is September and October. In the fall you're looking at low to mid 80s and great vis. During 2 trips last October, vis was around 80' around isla San Pedro, and slightly less (around 50') on the local dive sites. Great diversity of marine live, many species which are only found in the sea of Cortez. There's a resident population of Sea Lions which are quite playful.

We go through our Lds, but the outfit in San Carlos is El Mar. Nice boat and excellent service from the knowledeable crew. We stay at the Posada Condos which are great, right on the beach and 5 min from the marina. We do three dives on Saturdays at the island and 2 local dives on Sunday.

I haven't dove it yet, but in the fall, at certain sites, the hammerheads school. During the winter, there are several species of whale that call the sea of Cortez home.

This last trip, we were in 5mms with 2-3mm vests and were fine. In the fall, we'll dive in dive skins or shorties.

San Carlos is a wonderful place to dive! I have my own boat there, so I don't use any of the shops. But on the rare occasion when I can't take the boat out, the only shop I would go with is Del Mar. If you're looking for an instructor there, contact Russ Fontaine. He's the best. You can reach him on Facebook or PM me.

Laurie, well have to grab a beer at the Peso one of these days. We might be down for the 4th of July, but definitely over labor day and the 3rd weekend in Oct.

Sounds like a plan to me. My house is right across the street from Marina Terra Hotel (peach color) and the patio is perfect for hanging out on and hoisting a few cold ones. I won't be down in early July, but likely will be there over Labor Day. I'm headed down there next week for about 12 days. Can't wait! :)

Sounds good

Back
Top Bottom