Need info about diving near Cabo San Luca in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfbellemare

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, I'm a divemaster, been diving for 14 years now. I'm planning a trip in Cabo San Luca in July and I need information about the area. I have been diving the east coast for the least 2 years(Isla Mujeres/Cozumel/Cenotes) and now I want to try something different.

First, I would like to know what kind of sea life I can expect to see in july?. Is it a good time to see mantas? sharks? whale sharks? whales? Any "must dive" site to go to in the sea of Cortez?

Any good wreck to recommend?

Also what is the water temp at this time of the year? Is it possible to dive without a wetsuit? what about visibility?.

I don't mind paying a fair amount of money to go to off the beaten path site, so If anyone has site and/or dive shop to recommend, it would greatly appreciated.

Thank you

JF

My friend runs barefootdivepro in cabo, his name is Peter and he is a padi course director, an awesome guy and runs a very professional outfit. Check their website as it has lots of dive info and some of the best whale info as he has a marine biologist on staff!

My friend runs barefootdivepro in cabo, his name is Peter and he is a padi course director, an awesome guy and runs a very professional outfit. Check their website as it has lots of dive info and some of the best whale info as he has a marine biologist on staff!

Do you have a website, the one I find ends up linking to Sunshine Dive Co...
Is it the same op?
http://divemastermexico.com/our-certifications

That's it, you can contact him directly at info@barefootdivepro.com ask him any questions you can think of, he can organize just about anything you'd like and has some insider knowledge of some special dive locations. Cheers!

I worked and dived a lot in Cabo Pulmo which is small marine park, protected area with incredible diving. Summer is great for visibility there, a good chance to spot whale sharks but in general when water is warming up, which is in July,August, there is 100 % of garantee to dive in a massive ball of jacks....hovering with giant grouppers (1,5 m) and lots of schools. This place is incredible but not all the year round conditions are easy. Visibility is summer can be like 100 ft. Its 2 hours drive north from Cabo San Lucas but diving there is in my opinion one of the best in the world. Asf for diving in canyon (white tips) and el bajo (everything what you can dream about). Good luck! I love Cabo Pulmo!

Last edited:
Hola JF !

My name is Thierry and I organize dive trips in Cabo and La Paz. I have lived in Cabo Pulmo for the last ten years, working as a dive instructor for different companies before organizing on my own dive trips between Cabo Pulmo and La Paz now. If you have any questions regarding diving in the area, check my web site and contact me at marysierramexico@gmail.com

www.marysierra.com

I specialize in small groups, personalized tours. My operation is new, but I have a lot of experience in the region.

July is a good month for diving, we still have mobulas rays present on the reefs.... sometimes in July, the water temp can drop for a few weeks, right now it is diveable with a 5mm, and it will get warmer little by little with a possible drop during a few weeks in July....

hasta pronto !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom