Great time in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonhall

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Joined ScubaBoard in 2009, but haven't frequented it often. As fate would have it, my trip coincided with SB's Invasion and I met NetDoc (I believe) in the airport. Looked like a group ready to do some diving. I stayed at El Cid La Ceiba just down the road from the SB groups hotel. Wanted to say a little about my diving.

I dove with LiquidBlueDivers a couple of days as I was injured before even leaving for the trip and thought it best not to push it. They are a little more expensive, but they take care of you and the experience was great. First time for me where all divers do a backroll from the boat at same time...we all went down at the same time. Also everyone came up at same time, could hold onto rope on side of boat, tanks taken off in water, everyone in the boat pretty quick.

Diving, of course, was great....saw a nice spotted moray eel, variety of huge (and small) fish, sting ray, and a first for me....several nurse sharks actually swimming and not just resting on the bottom!

Took a day trip to Akumal to snorkel with sea turtles.....great resort beach there. Wanted to do the whale shark tour (which the SB group was able to do) but decided to relax.

Will definitely be going back to Cozumel...diving is about the easiest I have done and, in the few dives I did, there was variety from site to site. CAN'T WAIT! PICT0035.jpg

Hi Jon, So happy you had a wonderful Cozumel trip. You may want to pop on over to the Cozumel Forum to and share your report there as well. Perhaps ask the Mods to move it..

We are a friendly group !!! BTW, Awesome photo !!

Sue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom