Looking For A Dive Op in La Paz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PARADISE HUNTER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for a dive op in or close to La Paz for a week in October. It seems that the two most popular are Cortez Club and Club Cantamar. But there have been some negative posts on both of those recently, making be leery of booking with them.

Even though the seas are supposed to be the calmest in Oct., I'm still looking for an op with a larger boat(s). I don't trust the weather to cooperate. :wink:

Thanks for any advice!

PH

Have been diving in La Paz several times---I can highly recommend Fun Baja--Chabelo is one of their very competent dive masters. Their boats are not large--but they are new and fast--which is important in getting to the somewhat distant distant sites. Diving should excellent in October

---------- Post Merged at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:05 PM ----------

One more thing--stay away from Club Cantamar. Many bad reviews on Tripadvisor. Better to stay in town--Posada Luna Sol is a good choice--we liked it there. And they can arrange Kayaking,etc.

I've stayed/dove with Club Cantamar, as well as done their liveaboard twice, and would recommend them..despite the negative publicity they would have received from the incident last year. I, for one, have never had any problems or noted any of the complaints you most likely read...and I know there were a number here on SB. They do have a big dive boat, which they use unless they only have a few people diving. While it is outside of town, they have a free shuttle service if you want to go into town for dinner, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom