Bahias De Huatulco - a new destination.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

we're writing this post not just to promote our diving center but the whole area of Bahías de Huatulco - Oaxaca - Mexico.

Huatulco is not very known for diving but in reality is a really nice place to be underwater.
Vulcanic rocks formations, lot of hard coral and most important a really impressive quantity of underwater life!

We've more than 30 dive sites here, more than half inside the limits of our National Park, with a depth in between 30ft and 90ft with a visibility in between 20ft and 35ft.

Temperature: Winter in between 64Fº and 78Fº (3mm wetsuit) - Summer in between 80Fº and 90Fº (no wetsuit).

In Bahias de Huatulco we have been honored with the Certificate EarthCheck Gold 2012, which recognizes that our community is sustainable, neutral in carbon emissions, and has clean beaches. This makes it a comfortable and safe place for all the tourists that visit us.

About underwater life Huatulco is a paradise, hundreds of "common" fishes like Butterflies, Trumpets, Angels, Puffers, Porcupines, Sergeant Mayors, Moray eels plus sting rays, eagle rays, mantas, sharks, whale sharks and during the winter the Humpback whales passing by out of our shores.

If you have questions, doubts or just want to know more about dives in Huatulco, feel free to respond to this post, we'll be here to help you.

We hope to see more divers discovering our beautiful waters and not just thinking about our business but for sharing the passion that we have for the sea!

You left out some important information about your location including the fact that 1. There is an international airport there, 2. There are lots of hotels, 3. Huatulco is not on the list of places to be concerned about according to the US State Department. It looks like it has a lot of potential.

I am thinking of a Huatulco visit in January. My last trip was 1996. Can I get away with my 3mm shorty wetsuit? Any interesting wreck diving?
Thank you,
Fiat Lux

Back
Top Bottom