Chac Mool Cenote - Lost Wedding Ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_SA

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All!

My husband and I were diving at Chac Mool on February 1, 2014 and my husband lost his wedding ring at come point during the dive. The ring is two-toned (silver and gold). This ring has huge sentimental value and we would greatly appreciate it if anyone found/finds it they shoot us a message.

Gracias!

Hello,
Any chance your name is Jessica, and you were married on February 16, 2013? I found a two toned wedding ring which is engraved with "JESSICA 16 02 13" while diving at Playa Reef, Playa Del Carmen. If not, sorry to get your hopes up! I'm just trying to find the owner.
All the best,
Daniel

Daniel-

Chac Mool is a cenote...doubt its the same...that being said...may want to pass that ring info on to "Christy" here on SB..she is in the business down that way and may be able to help track down the poor unfortunate owner. Great that your trying to get it back home!

Bubs

Daniel-

Chac Mool is a cenote...doubt its the same...

I dunno....stranger things have happened.

Try this.....

Joe Bloggs goes diving in Chac Mool....finds someone's wedding ring......tucks it away in his BCD pocket.....so excited after his first cenote dive, forgets all about the ring..... diving in Playa Reef a few days later..... pulls out rattle to attract buddy's attention to passing whale shark......ring falls out of BCD pocket.....Daniel diving playa reef a few days later....finds wedding ring!

I lose stuff all the time. :dork2: Not only don't I know WHERE it is (hence lost), I'm not necessarily sure WHEN I lost it. Didn't I see a thread about diving contributing to diminished capacity (maybe I forgot where I saw it)? Oh well...another dive anyone? :D

Good for you for trying to help.

Good thought Bubs. I was thinking something along the lines of what Hintermann said though. After finding it, I actually forgot about it myself, until I got home and cleaned my BCD. Darn narcosis... Hehe! :D

I was diving on some reef in Cozumel and noticed some "trash." Dropped down to get it and it was a t-shirt. Stuck it in my BC and after the dive a guy was discussing a t-shirt he lost a day or so before. Turns out it was the one I found.

I was diving on some reef in Cozumel and noticed some "trash." Dropped down to get it and it was a t-shirt. Stuck it in my BC and after the dive a guy was discussing a t-shirt he lost a day or so before. Turns out it was the one I found.

How did the guy manage to lose a T-shirt while diving? Or shouldn't I ask? :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom