Airport Private Car - Cancun to Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GimmeSome

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be visiting Playa del Carmen very soon and was just wondering if anyone had any experience/recommendations with private car services? We will be making our way to the Ferry terminal to go to Cozumel. We will have luggage plus gear bags so I'm not sure we want to try the Collectivos, and we need to stop off at one place before hopping on the ferry.

The last time we were in Playa we used Cancun Shuttle and had a lot of difficulties with them because we were not staying at a hotel, just at a local apartment.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Contact Protec in Playa and see who they use--whoever it is, they've always been reliable and efficient for me.

I have used "Cancun Shuttle" many times and very happy with them

We use Cancun Valet when we fly into Cancun to go to Puerto Aventuras. They are always there, with a big van for just the two of us, very friendly, accomodating and safe drivers.

I take the bus.

There is a bus (greyhound style) that leaves from the Cancun airport and goes directly the main bus station in Playa Del Carmen. So there are no wrong stops to be concerned with. The station is on 5th and 2nd. That is pretty much at the ferry terminal.

The bus leaves from in front of terminal 3 at the airport. You can purchase your ticket at the ticket booth when you come out of customs. It is in the area where all the car rental and tour stands are located. It leaves every 30 or 45 minutes during the day.

If I remember its around $9 each way.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Russ

If you were going to the ferry terminal WITHOUT a 'stop along the way' then the bus is easiest and cheapest. With that stop then Cancun Shuttle is your best bet. Depending on how long ago you used the service they may have ironed out the bugs since then. Then get me to my condo in Playa and pick me up for the return right on time. If you have a group of 4 then the price works out to the same as the bus. I book on-line using the prompts from the airport site Cancun Airport - Official Cancun International Airport Information. I got tired of the hassle of getting a taxi after getting off the bus because they gouge you when you use the taxi stand at the bus terminal on 5th.

I use USA Transfers almost exclusively.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom