Diving in Puerto Morelos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All, looking for some info about diving in Puerto Morelos. I am going to be staying in an all inclusive El Cid right down the road from Puerto Morelos. They have a marina and their own dive center (Marina Dive Center) but prices will obviously be more than a dive shop in town. Does anyone have any experience on good dive shops in Puerto Morelos. I found Wet Set diving and that looks like a decent shop. I only have around 10 dives under my belt so I do not need some crazy dives (pretty fish still appeal to me) but I also do not want to be diving a 25ft deep sand bar. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

-theWhiteSturgeon

We were happy with Brett of DiveInPuertoMorelos. Rental gear was in good shape, nice little boat, safety conscious DM. Brett was pleasant about the fact that both days we went out with him, we decided against trying a second dive because the water was so rough all three of us puked up breakfast while waiting for pickup after the dive. This was March 2011. I would go there again, at a different time of year. Puerto Morelos is a lovely town. Do get out of the resort and enjoy its town square and superb range of restaurants.

My wife & I have been diving with Tulaka Dive. Had some amazing dives. Emilio really knows all the reef sites and has some great equipment. After 170 dives I have found him to be the most professional instructor i have come across. Highly recommended. Have a great time in Puerto Morelos and enjoy the diving, look out for the seahorses close to shore!

+1 for Diving with Brett.

Many years ago I did my open water certification with Brett. A year later we returned since we had such a great time. My daughter even went back a third time and spent part of a summer doing a DM internship with Brett. All of our diving was in 2007 a 2009' right before the economy died; I am glad to see him still in business. He must be doing something right.

Puerto Morelos is a very special town that I hope does not get anymore commercialized than what it is already.

Hi there,

I would like to bring you with me. We have some great dives, ranging in depth from 20ft to 100ft.

Some with more corals, some more fish. Check it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom