Need a whale shark tour operator over labor day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Travelling to Cancun over labor day. Looks like we will do the whale sharks again, this will be our 3rd time. 1st time we did it directly from Isla Mujeres. 2nd time we used Whale Shark Daddy and am not interested in using them again.

Will have own car so will probably just meet them at their dock instead of getting picked up. Not interested in any small boat operators, must have decent sized boats.

Doing a google search you get a lot of website advertising the trips but so many of them are just resellers so you really don't know who the actual company that you will be going with ends up being. Who are the actual tour operators (not the resellers) who I can book with directly?

Last edited:
Thanks.

Ended up being a moot point. The weather wasn't cooperative so no whale shark trip this time.

Hi Mike,

My honey and I are planning a trip in late July for our 10th anniversary , and are also shopping tour operators. Whale Shark Daddy was a 'maybe' on our list so far . . .would you mind telling me why you would not choose to go with them again (and did you ever find a 'fave' option)?

Thank you!

Sybil

Hi,

Travelling to Cancun over labor day. Looks like we will do the whale sharks again, this will be our 3rd time. 1st time we did it directly from Isla Mujeres. 2nd time we used Whale Shark Daddy and am not interested in using them again.

Will have own car so will probably just meet them at their dock instead of getting picked up. Not interested in any small boat operators, must have decent sized boats.

Doing a google search you get a lot of website advertising the trips but so many of them are just resellers so you really don't know who the actual company that you will be going with ends up being. Who are the actual tour operators (not the resellers) who I can book with directly?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom