Diving In Loreto, Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peitaho

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm going to Loreto and find posts here about Dolphin Diving but not much about Eco Tours. So, I'm curious about why? Are the two dive shops so different? Does one have a bad reputation and the other not? Or is it simply Dolphin is more diver-centric and has better PADI qualifications? Any feedback would be helpful sorting this out and thanks.

Hello Peitaho - Having dove with Juve and Sara of Sea & Land Eco-Tours just last year, I can say without hesitation that they are in fact a fantastic dive operation.

My guess as to why you do not see much about their operation here on ScubaBoard is that Sea & Land Eco-Tours is not just a dive operator but a business that caters to a wide variety of outdoor activities like whale watching, island hopping, hiking, and more.

One place where you will find a lot of information about Sea & Land Eco-Tours is TripAdvisor. You can find my review (TheScubaHawk) at this link:
Scuba Diving and so much more! - Review of Sea and Land Eco-tours, Loreto, Mexico - TripAdvisor

If you have never been to Loreto before, make sure to make your way to the South of town while out on the dive boat as the scenery above water is just stunning while the density of sea life below the water is amazing. Sooooo much more life than anywhere in the Caribbean!

Have fun & Safe Diving,

Thanks so much for clearing up what was becoming one of those gray areas prone to spawning doubts. Thoroughly enjoyed your TripAdvisor article and pix. Can't wait to get wet.

Cheers

I, too, can recommend Sea & Land Eco Tours. Was there 2 weeks ago for one day on a cruise and hoped to do a spur of the moment dive. I walked into their office and they were able to accommodate me for a 2-tank trip previously arranged for another certified couple from the same ship. A second couple from the ship also went for a discover scuba in another boat. Nice dive, good conditions, very friendly people. A good change from the mass dive boat ops elsewhere.

Paul

I'm going to Loreto and find posts here about Dolphin Diving but not much about Eco Tours. So, I'm curious about why? Are the two dive shops so different? Does one have a bad reputation and the other not? Or is it simply Dolphin is more diver-centric and has better PADI qualifications? Any feedback would be helpful sorting this out and thanks.

Loreto has changed a lot in the last few years. The diving scene is slowly developing and the destination being promoted hot it deserves!

There is a new diveshop in townm called Blue Nation , which I represent. We came here because we thought Loreto was the ideal setting for a true Sea of Cortez diving, and we aim to make Loreto the next great diving hot spot in Baja :wink:

Check our website www.bluenationbaja.com ! There you can find a bit more about us and how we are different, and also plenty of updated info, videos and media about the place!

Happy bubbles!

Looks nice. Some hotel recommendations could be nice. I'm just starting to look at planning a trip and this is the first thread I came across.
Hello there!
There are several good options in town depending on what you are looking for.
We collaborate with the Hotel Plaza Loreto , which is located right in the historical centre and 2 minutes from the seaside. We like them, their premises are clean and pretty and the rooms as well. Have a look at their website! we run some dive & stay packages with them, which is a great deal I believe! check them out here.
If you prefer something more self contained, liek a studio or a villa, we really can recommend Villas Santo Niño. Super pretty premises, really good place and very close to all the ammenities.
There some other good options, PM me if you need any help!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom