La Paz,Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Going to La Paz next week, diving with Cortez Club. Would appreciate any tips,suggestions or advice for the area. Thanks

I've heard the Cortez Club is definitely a step above the resort we stayed at earlier this month. Hopefully, the weather will be a bit more settled than it was when we were there. You should have a great time.

Earlier this week, I heard from a diver who just returned from a week in La Paz and members of his group had some great experiences (whale sharks, sea lions, hammerheads, etc...). His group was based out of the Cortez Club.

Look for giant jaw fish gravelly (sp?) areas off Los Islotes (sea lion colony area). Those critters are cool!

-AZTinman

I've heard the Cortez Club is definitely a step above the resort we stayed at earlier this month. Hopefully, the weather will be a bit more settled than it was when we were there. You should have a great time.

Earlier this week, I heard from a diver who just returned from a week in La Paz and members of his group had some great experiences (whale sharks, sea lions, hammerheads, etc...). His group was based out of the Cortez Club.

Look for giant jaw fish gravelly (sp?) areas off Los Islotes (sea lion colony area). Those critters are cool!

-AZTinman
thanks, where did you stay?

Our group was at Club Cantamar. If you look through the threads posted on the Mexico Regional Forum, there are several recent ones about La Paz that were posted in October. If you're interested in seeing photos from our October trip, there's one with link folks can use to access photos from our La Paz trip. The photos are on our website.

I'm not affiliated with Bluewater Dive Travel, but they have information about diving La Paz posted on their website as well. They use the same resort you're staying at when they do La Paz trips. Just do a Yahoo search on Bluewater Dive Travel and you can find them.

-Philip (AZTinman)
Cortez Blue Photography

Worked as marine biologist and underwater videographer for Lindblad eco-cruise ships (max pax about 75) for several winters based out of La Paz. Definitely some fun diving to be had there. Los Islotes and the sea lions was a main attraction but dive around the tiny islet as there were some cool things on the other side as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom