Diving in Cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kbpeterc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm travelling to Cabo San Lucas May 25-31st and am looking to do some diving, probably including my AOW dives. I've been researching dive shops and combing through posts and there aren't many threads here that are up to date on Cabo.
Has anyone had any experience with Dive Cabo, Manta (PADI 5 star dive resort), or Baja Dive? Has anyone dove with another shop? Recommendations please!

TYIA.

When I was there afew times my friend owned a shop so I have no experience with others (he does only whale tours now), but I thought the diving was really good, especially Gordo banks and Los pulmos. Even in the bay it's pretty good. Lots of places to eat but a bit "tourist" oriented when walking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got back from Cabo San Lucas after a week of diving. Great fun.

Gordon Banks was fantastic. Didn't see any big critters, but had a great time hovering in the blue looking at all the fantastic pelagic jellies.

Cabo Pulmo was quite rough while we were there and it was a long drive.

We did some dives on the Corrider and the rest were the Local dives in the Cabo Reserve -by the arches...Pelican Rock, Neptune's Finger, etc. The Local dives were fantastic.

Bigger critters and large schools on the Corridor and Pulmo, smaller stuff Local. When we were at Cabo Pulmo we encountered a huge school of Mobula rays that obscured the surface. They kept coming and coming.

We ended up at Manta Divers and were treated very well. The four of us were left alone with our own guide and pretty much left to do what we wanted to, within reason. They do have a schedule to keep, but we ended up with relaxed hour dives.

Wow, glad I read this report. The wife and I will be in Cabo (in February) for her birthday. Although this is her trip she says we'll still do some diving, not everyday like we do on my destinations, but at least some diving. For some reason I had though diving in Cabo was going to be boring compared to Cozumel. From this report I think we'll have some solid dive days for sure!!

Wow, glad I read this report. The wife and I will be in Cabo (in February) for her birthday. Although this is her trip she says we'll still do some diving, not everyday like we do on my destinations, but at least some diving. For some reason I had though diving in Cabo was going to be boring compared to Cozumel. From this report I think we'll have some solid dive days for sure!!

its not the galagos for sure but I really enjoy the diving there. Topside activities are great too. This is my favorite place to dive and visit.

Thanks, everyone! We're diving in Costa Rica in 3 weeks and Cabo in May. Super stoked! We'll probably end up doing out AOW dives during our dives in Cabo so we'll probably end up doing the more local dives. I wish we could dive every day but we'll be there for a wedding.

You will love diving in Costa Rica! The viz was not great but there was a lot of stuff!!! We saw our first harlequin shrimp there! Have fun!
Thanks, everyone! We're diving in Costa Rica in 3 weeks and Cabo in May. Super stoked! We'll probably end up doing out AOW dives during our dives in Cabo so we'll probably end up doing the more local dives. I wish we could dive every day but we'll be there for a wedding.

We were in Cabo from November 15th to 30th and dove with Dive Cabo and they were great. You will enjoy yourselves, I'm sure!

Hi kbpeterc,

It is great to know you plan to come diving in Cabo and the Sea of Cortez soon.

As you mentioned here in Manta, we are a PADI 5 Star Dive resort. All our dives are guided and in small groups of divers per guide. If you will choose to do your AOW course with us you will also learn a lot while doing your training dives with our PADI professionals.

Here are some articles about diving in Cabo
Scuba Diving | Los Cabos Dive Guide | Mexico | Scuba Diving
Dive Guide to Cabo San Lucas & Cabo Pulmo|Underwater Photography Guide
Scuba Diving | Hurricane News in Cabo | New Dive Sites | Sport Diver

You can also check our Facebook page for updates https://www.facebook.com/MantaScuba

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or you would like to arrange your dive tours and/or AOW course with us.

Best regards from sunny Cabo,
The Manta team
mantascuba@gmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom