Diving from Puerto Morelos in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlbertaMan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone.

I am going to be staying at a resort near Puerto Morelos with my wife (who is not a diver) in January 2015. I am going to try get in a couple days of diving and was wondering if anyone had any advice for me.

I am considering diving with Wet Set Diving Adventures, does anyone have any experience with them, good or bad?

I've heard that the ocean can be pretty rough on the mainland side (as opposed to Cozumel, where I dove last year and had a couple of rough days and a port closure) is this the case? Am I likely to be seasick on the boats?

Is it worth my time diving on the mainland side as opposed to going across on the ferry to Cozumel? I'd rather not do that because it eats into the day by about two hours more.

Thanks in advance for any advice that you have for me.
CJ

Hi CJ,

My wife and I did 7 dives with Dive in Puerto Morelos in mid-December, 2010. We were attending a wedding in Playa del Carmen and extended the trip on the front end by 3 days and stayed in Puerto Morelos. We had very good weather and relatively flat seas. There was some wind during the SIs, a boat coat came in handy. The water was in the mid to high 70s, we dived 5 mm full suits and were very comfortable. The wreck of the C-56, Juan Escutia, had many Eagle Rays on it as well as many other fish. The reefs were OK, not spectacular. The operator was very good, flexible, and responsive to our needs, I would use them again if I returned, Welcome to Dive in Puerto Morelos We enjoyed the town of Puerto Morelos and found several very good, relatively inexpensive restaurants.

Enjoy your trip,

Craig

I see that Wet Set offers a 2 tank Bull Shark dive November through March. If I were to visit again, I would seriously consider trying to get this in. The dive requires AOW and some deep training 2 Tank Bull Shark Diving Tour - Wet Set

Hello CJ,

We have a shop in Puerto morelos. The diving here can be really nice, certainly on the wreck. You do need some deep training for that, but well worth it. Puerto morelos is maybe not as good as Cozumel, but certainly less rushed.

The sea can be a little rough here, but that is the season.

Maybe send us an email, so we can give you more specific info. Just look us up on this posters name.

Johan

We also have a group that will be diving in this area in a couple weeks. Right now we are looking at Aquanauts as they have the ability to setup all the dives we are looking for (the girls want to dive the museum in Cancun one day and the guys want to dive Cozumel and the wreck the later on). I am also looking for any info as to the resort dive shop "DiveIT" me are staying at an oceans resort.

Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom