Does anybody know the entrance fee for Tulum and Chichén Itzá

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BomberoDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm going to Cancun in May/Jun and have a car rented and plan to visit some ruins. I was searching aroound the internet for entrance fee to Tulum and CheChinitz if I drive to them by myself but I cannot find the fees. Does anyone know?
THX!!!

j-valve:
Sunday are free at Tulum.

Jody
WOW, THX for the geart info!!!! I'll probably head down there on a Sunday then....Does anyone have any info CheChinitza (I hope I'm spelling it right)? ANyways, THANKS JODY

Here is the correct spelling..Chichén Itzá

Going by Mexcan money we use the color codes. If I remember correctly (each time I was there was early AM before most toursits showed up) it was just slightly more than a pink thing and way less than a red thing:) In US Money that was about $5-$7. A tip for you... There is a small but extremely beautiful beach between the two cliffs. Swimming in the water there looking back to shore at the buildings was incredible. If you are on the beach you will see a few small rocks off to your right. There is a small passage which you won't know unless you look for it. If you go through it there is another very small beach area not many people know about. Bring towels and change of clothes because there are no changing facilities at the beach. Chichen Itza is a bigger site but the view from the cliffs overlooking the Caribbean is something you don't want to miss.

BomberoDiver:
I'm going to Cancun in May/Jun and have a car rented and plan to visit some ruins. I was searching aroound the internet for entrance fee to Tulum and CheChinitz if I drive to them by myself but I cannot find the fees. Does anyone know?
THX!!!

On our last visit, it cost $75 Pesos for admission to Chichén Itzá . English speaking guides are available for a fee. At 8:00pm each night, there is a light and sound show that will cost you an additional $35 pesos or $60 pesos with headphones that will allow you to hear the story in English.

As noted above, entrance to Tulum is free on Sunday, and $40 pesos during the rest of the week. You will be charged an additional $40 pesos if you want to take along your video camera. English speaking guides are available for an additional charge.

I would also strongly recommend Coba. It's close enough to Tulum that you could do both in one day if you get an early start from Cancun (Tulum isn't that large a site.) It is still very much in the state of reconstruction and doesn't get nearly as many tourists as Tulum or Chichén Itzá and has some really impressive structures including Nohoch Mul. At 136 feet it is the tallest pyramid in Q.Roo.

If you're driving a lockable car, you might want to take along a swim suit and your snorkle gear too and take the opportunity to swim in one of the many cenotes between Cancun and the Tulum area. One that's particularly nice on the road from Tulum to Coba is known as the Grand Cenote.

JK
http://www.mxtravel.com/ruins.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom