Beware of Baja Diving Service in La Paz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rbojanic

New
Reaction score
We want to warn other divers about a bad experience we had in La Paz, Baja California. After two days of great diving in Cabo San Lucas with Tio’s Sports in front of Melia Hotel, my wife, son and I went for one day of diving in La Paz before heading home. We found what appeared to be a good deal for boat diving the following day with GM Pedro Aguilar at Baja Diving Service/Club Cantamar. However, when we returned from dinner that evening at 8:30 PM, the hotel staff informed us that Baja Diving Service had called to cancel our reservation – leaving us no time to reschedule. They cancelled our paid-in-full reservation because they got a group of seven divers that wanted to go to a different dive spot. Beyond that, they offered us no other dive alternative and no after-hours phone number with which to reach someone. The shop opened the next day at 9 AM, but the dive boat departed at 8, so we were left without recourse.

The happy ending to the story is, the clever staff at Palmira Hotel used all their devices and by 11PM had secured spots for us on a dive boat with the very professional Fun Baja.

We hope that other divers will seek out more ethical dive shops in La Paz and AVOID Baja Diving Service.

Radomir

Well, welcome to SB.

Such can happen if you don't know the operators. Glad your story turned out well.

But this is not an introduction, so I'll ask a Moderator to move it to the Mexic of forum.

Hope you'll come back here and introduce yourself, so we can welcome you appropriately.

don

WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!!
Maybe others will write about their experiences with that operator, I hope your experience was very out of the ordinary for them.
Hope to read many of your posts as I roam through the threads.

Tom

We stayed at Hotel Cantamar and dove with Baja for a week in 2000 and enjoyed their service we had a fairly large group though and generally had the boat to ourselves. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. When a couple of people in our group decided to stay behind one day they let the cooks know when they wanted to eat and they opened the restaurant for the two of them for lunch.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom