Moon Palace, Dive Puerto Morelos, Cancun, June 15-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

outlawaggie

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to Cancun June 15th-21st. We are staying at the Moon Palace just south of Cancun. I'm considering diving with Dive Puerto Morelos. Although its a family trip I'm the only diver. Anyone else going to be down there at the same time? If not, any recommendations or advice?

TIA.

Ty

Yeah, Puerto Morelos is a great place to snorkel and fish if the family wants to come along while you dive. I have only snorkeled there, and it was excellent.
We usually dive further south. I don't know if its any better down in Playa del Carmen or Akumal, but we are close to the Cenotes.
Moon Palace is super close to the airport, so you will definitely maximize your vacation time. Great beach there, too!

I'll second the recommendation for Dive Puerto Morelos www.divepuertomorelos.com.
We dove with them last May and are returning this May. We stayed at Moon Palace too and are staying there again. Catbrown is a Scubaboard member, she runs the shop. Enjoy!

We can organise tours for your family while you are out diving too we can get you a van and driver to do private tours to the ruins or possibly they would enjoy the zipline cenote adventure in the jungle where you can fly 2 miles through the forest canopy on a zip line, or maybe they would like to experience some Mayan cultural traditions including a Temazcal (steambath) in the jungle. And of course they can go snorkelling on the reef or fishing. Lots of options for you....cat

Scott Riemer and I (also the wives:)) just returned from Moon Palace and DPM diving, last Saturday. This was our second trip down to Cancun area. We chose to dive with Cat at Dive Puerto Morelos
again this year for a number of reasons.

Please believe me when I say you will not be disappointed:) Make them take you out to My Reef. We dove there three times last week and found it interesting, and a little different each time. C-56 wreck dive site is very interesting as well!!

I'll jump on the DPM bandwagon. I finished my OW cert with them in February, and can say they are a great shop. Friendly, laid back people with nearly brand new equipment, a great patio for beers after the dive, and 15 minutes from 2 great dive sites.

I dove My Reef 5 times and saw different stuff each time from crabs and lobster, to schools of fish, to a healthy reef, to barracuda and an moary eels. We also dove the C-56 which is old U.S. minesweeper sold to the Mexican Navy and sunk as an artificial reef. Its got access for easy, safe swim throughs. We also saw some great fish there including a monster barracuda in the wheelhouse, some stingrays on the ocean floor and a school of cuda as we descended.

Best of all, my first days dives had 5 people including the DM, the second day was one on one with the DM and the final day had 5 of us diving again. No cattleboats. Take a dive with Cat, Kris, 'Yip, and Brett and you'll love it. Final positive, dove the C-56 at 85 ft with no websuit in Feb and didn't get chilled a bit.

Enjoy

Don

Back
Top Bottom