November Ft. Lauderdale Trip - $395

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Date: Wednesday November 13-17, 2002
Type: wreck and Reef diving

HI ALL!!!
John Harman and David Hay will be running a dive trip down to FT
Lauderdale for 4 days of MAD FUN wreck and Reef diving only $395.00
for diving and lodging.

Call Atlantic Edge for details also ask about getting Wreck Diver
Certified on the trip.

Pre trip party will be on 10-15-02

Dave

Is the diving is worthwhile? There are discount airfares direct to Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood airport from BWI (Southwest) and Dulles (Jet Blue).

Hummmm, was talking to Tony last night about doing some diving somewhere soon. He has moved to the Crystal River area , so we have a place to stay if you want to do a spring diving run some time. You know if these guys have a web site with more info? How many dives, whats included ect ect. You thinking about going?

Herman,
Good to hear from you. Where is Crystal River? I am not familiar with the area, but a spring diving run sounds great. Here's more info on the Lauderdale trip...not sure if it is a good deal or not, but I am just trying to post all the stuff I get in case people in the area want to get involved and get out and dive.

Here's the scoop on the Ft. Lauderdale trip:

November 13 - 17
DIVINGS BEST KEPT SECRET!
Over 200 dive sites…...Unique 3 tiered reef system….best beach diving in U.S…...More than 50 shipwrecks….650 kinds of fish…..60 kinds of hard and soft coral….sharks, stingrays, jewfish and turtles plus all the topside activity you could ever hope for!
We will be staying at the Sands Harbor Resort and diving with South Florida Diving Headquarters. Sands Harbor is located in the heart of Pompano Beach, overlooking the famous Intercoastal waterway. All the comfortable rooms include a balcony which overlooks the Intercoastal water way.
Don't forget the family…….. The boats are glass bottom and there are great locations for the Snorkelers in the family to visit. Ft. Lauderdale has it all! Trip includes: 4 nights accommodations at Sands Harbor Resort (based on double occupancy), 3 days of 2 tank boat dives, tanks, weights, taxes and pre trip party. $395

Ft. Lauderdale with Atlantic Edge

Crystal River is in north west Fla just below Gainsville and Ocola. Within driving distance of Ginnie Springs, Devils Den and Blue Grato to name a few. Also, one of the best places to see manatees. I just found a good deal on a week in Bonaire, thinking about maybe doing that instead of Ft LD.

What timeframe are you looking at to do Bonaire? Me and a couple other friends were talking about doing at least one or two warm water trips this winter and I would love to do Bonaire.

Actually Crsytal River isn't just below Gainesville and Ocala, Orlando is. Crystal River is more West coast area, north of Tampa.

I dropped you a PM with the limited details I have now. Looks like AJ has some good air fares coming up. I am thinking about maybe Jan or Feb. I am not setting up any kind of group trip but anyone who wants to meet us there is great. Be happy to act as tour guide once we get there.

Keep me in the loop since I will tentatively go...that is the timeframe I was looking for and I would rather go to Bonaire than go on my dive club's Dominica trip.

And the Bonaire trip is looking cheaper...gotta save money for that scooter..

Back
Top Bottom