Millbrook Zebra Mussel Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeS

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dived Millbrook this morning and the Zebras were everywhere. For anyone that hasn’t them, yet check out the picture. There were none where this picture was taken this time last year, the little suckers sure grow fast. We were close to the first ones in the water this morning and the visibility was better than I have ever seen it. Of course once a few classes rototilled by, the visibility was destroyed, but it was nice while it lasted.

Mike

P.S. I’ve got to get the ocean! Others are posting pictures of sharks, rays, etc., and all I have is pictures of Zebra Mussels.

Try to Post Picture Again

I dove the SI Wreck and Cleopatra Wreck 35 or so miles off Delaware today from Surface Interval. The sun was high, no rain clouds, viz was near 20 feet and currents at the bottom were negligible, although brisk at the top. Swimming to the anchor line was not an option.

These dives would have been a spearos dream. School of sea bass and large Tataug abounded. They would just swim up and stare you down. These fine wrecks were thick with anenome and star fish.

And the best part: at 45 degress it's 5 degrees warmer than the quarry! Ocean season is here!

Guess that means no more twisting your arm.

Today the viz was back to 10 feet or less, the current was 'brisk' and gods of the ocean were hungry.

I tangled my reel and had to cut it, broke my scissors, broke a clamp and lost my camera trying to get back into the boat (a nice one), couldn't find it on the second dive and, finally, when I was taking off my reg I spun the yoke screw and dust cap into the deep. I know, user error prevails. And then, more traditional beach traffic on the way home. Other than that, yeah, the diving was pretty cool.

I think I know where I'm going salvage diving in the near future if the damn thing didn't flood. And no, I'm telling anyway which wreck it was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom