maryland SCUBA club?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divegirl400

Reaction score
I'm looking for an active dive club -- anywhere near southern maryland, or northern virginia or wash. dc. -- a group of people who go to warm interesting place to dive when they can, and think and talk about diving when they can't actually dive. Anybody have any information??

Divegirl400:
I'm looking for an active dive club -- anywhere near southern maryland, or northern virginia or wash. dc. -- a group of people who go to warm interesting place to dive when they can, and think and talk about diving when they can't actually dive. Anybody have any information??

http://www.scubaadventure.org/

I've dove with a few people from there and they were nice people. There is one particular person there I don't like at all, but I won't mention his/her name as to not ruin your potential experience with that person.

Divegirl400:

Check out www.AtlantisRangers.org. The club meets monthly in Greenbelt, MD and schedules dives regularly from June through September off the coasts of Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.

AtlantisRangers is a good option for local diving in the ocean. For Carribean trips, you might also try some local dive shops for quarries or Delaware trips on Surface Interval (or book directly and hope for a decent buddy, as I do when I can't find a bud).

For warm water dives, The Dive Shop in Fairfax has a rich schedule and Annapolis Scuba has some 'long weekend' trips to Mexico or Turks that I've found convenient.

sea dive and cycle are nice guys

I'm not big into the STRUCTURED dive clubs where you have to attend a certain number of meetings or go on a certain number of their dives to stay a member. I'm in Southern Maryland also and would like to see a gathering of divers that are just looking to get together and go places when exotic - affordable deals can be found. I wouldn't mind starting something like that, even if it was an internet based club.

I'm heading to the Society Islands of French Polynesia this October for 10 days. The price is $999.00 including everything except the flight. It would have been nice to have some other divers that I know going along.

I went down to Key Largo 2 weeks ago and the R/T non-stop airline tickets were only $138.00 and the diving on the Spiegal Grove, Bibb and the Duane were awesome and affordable.

Anyway, those are just two extreme examples. Sure would be nice to have a group of local divers to share deals with when I find them and visa-versa.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom