Any diving Close to Baltimore or Towson?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loganhand

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for any diving other than the actual Chesapeake. Any Lakes, Quarry's, Large Ponds, Rivers, etc. that are dive-able that are CLOSE. Any dive areas that are within 20 miles of Towson will be good.

Dont know anything that close but if you are willing to drive down to Virginia then we have Millbrook Quarry in Haymarket and Lake Rawlings further down about 3 hours.

Hydes Quarry in Westminster, MD is most likely the only option close to home.

About | Hyde's Quarry

Standard quarry fare with regular classes on the weekends.

If you need a buddy to dive Lake Rawlings or 'Chillbrook' let me know and I will be happy to put you in touch with a great friend who is out there often and currently diving in NC.

FYI, I spoke with the folks that run Hyde's this weekend, and they're talking about bring back the Wednesday Evening dives. They used to do this a couple years back - usually throw some hotdogs on the grill too.

We lost hydes's years ago.... Willow Springs or Lake Phoenix are probably best options at this point...

I thought Millbrook Quary in Manassas, VA had closed down... If it is still open, head to Lake Phoenix in Rawlings, VA instead :)

Back
Top Bottom