Lake Rawlings for Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rand

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was at Lake Rawlings a few weeks ago, and there are for sale signs up all over the place. There are also liquidation flyers up in the shop mentioning the selling off of rental equipment.

Does anyone know what is going on and how much longer the quarry will be open for divers, if it indeed is closing?

Is this just a change of management? I got the impression it wasn't since the signs stated the entire quarry and surrounding land was up for sale.

It would be terrible to loose a great training location.

if true, that's bad news. i just bought a 20 air fill card recently too. anybody want to meet up soon to go diving and help me use up my air card? :)

i'm kind of surprised no one has posted to this yet with more comments.

From what I heard the owner of the land and quarry is selling. I think some shops are interested in either buying or working with the new owner for a lease arrangement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I'm hearing, Erol is intending to remove all of the pavilions, docks, and other buildings. Since the bathhouse can't be removed, he is going to bulldoze it down. I guess it's kind of a scorched earth policy.

I would think that he could easily sell the stuff to the next owners. The only people he's really screwing over are the people who dive there with these silly actions.

Erol is the only really bad part of Lake Rawlings. Scorched earth is typical.
I finally have hopes for the future.

From what I'm hearing, Erol is intending to remove all of the pavilions, docks, and other buildings. Since the bathhouse can't be removed, he is going to bulldoze it down. I guess it's kind of a scorched earth policy.

I would think that he could easily sell the stuff to the next owners. The only people he's really screwing over are the people who dive there with these silly actions.

Hmmm seems really silly to destroy fixed assets prior to a sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pavilions were paid for by the dive shops and they own them. DQ is taking theirs.

As much as I hate the place, it is sad to see it go. It does have it's place in the dive community for training and knocking the dust off gear the start of each season.

Under Pressure II sounds like a cool name though.:wink: :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom