Kayak & Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastern Watersports

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Looking for adventure types for our exploratory Kayak and Dive Tours in Spring 2015.

Contact Ken @ KB Diver Services for more information or to sign up... Space and equipment will be limited.

$125.00 includes
*3-4 Hours on the water / 1 - 1.5 Hours Diving
*Use of Kayak, Paddle, Lifejacket and Whistle
*Use of Garrett Sea Hunter Underwater Metal Detector
*Single Tank (80CF)
*Soft Weights if needed

$50.00 more to rent a full set up of SCUBA gear for the day (BCD, Reg w/ Octo and Gauges)

Guests responsible for having their own masks, fins, wetsuit and SMB w/ line

Locations and Dates will be determined and posted soon once we determine initial interest. We will haul all equipment to the launch site. You show up ready to unload your assigned Kayak from the Trailer and have fun

Limited to First 6 who sign up and pay.

(443)-231-7052

I would be interested in knowing more about where and when you are planning on going. Will this be in the Chesapeake or the ocean?

So these will have to be shallow dives given that they will be 1 to 1 1/2 hours long on one 80 cu/ft tank. What is there to do in the Chesapeake at those depths? The only things that come to mind are fossil hunting or oyster diving but I do not know the area very well.

So these will have to be shallow dives given that they will be 1 to 1 1/2 hours long on one 80 cu/ft tank. What is there to do in the Chesapeake at those depths? The only things that come to mind are fossil hunting or oyster diving but I do not know the area very well.

Nearly all dives in the middle and upper Chesapeake are shallow dives. There are only a couple of exceptions. The diving depths are generally 3 - 15 feet. There are channels where you could get deeper. I've been in the harbor to 35 feet. Some of the channel areas may get to 40 - 45 ft. The submarine wreck the Black Panther sits in a rare hole at about 90 ft.

The kayak diving we are proposing would generally be in the 3 - 15 foot range. Fossil Diving at Calvert Cliffs averages 11 - 12 ft. Treasure Hunting around Hartmiller and Pleasure Islands from 3 - 12 feet.

We will assemble our Scuba Units and strap them onto our Kayaks for the paddle out. Kayaks will fly a dive flag and act as your marker Buoy (attached to you) or you might anchor your kayak in an area without current and use a surface marker.

Visibility in early Spring and late fall can be a few feet... good enough to have a good look at the bottom. Summer visibility is usually braille diving.

We will transport Kayaks and kayak gear to launch sites for you. You will show up at the launch site with your dive equipment or can rent it from us.

Buddy teams will be tethered together using a 5 - 8 ft line to stay in contact and within acceptable reach limits to offer assistance. Solo divers with proper Solo certifications may come with us without a buddy and will not require tethering. A Tour Leader will stay above the surface on his/her kayak until the last diver surfaces.

Treasure Hunting around Hartmiller and Pleasure Islands from 3 - 12 feet.

I looked at those locations on Google Earth. What is the reason for the extensive breakwater along the south side of Pleasure Island? What used to be there that is worth looking into? I also saw Fort Carroll listed somewhere as a dive site. Would that be another good kayak dive location?

Hart miller and Pleasure Islands...it's a man made landfill, that connects all three islands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom