Looking for Dive Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rand

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for some sort of dive project to either organize or participate in. This could be something like a site clean up, survey, search for items, etc.

I'm not super familiar with the local MD/VA sites and not sure what is out there that needs to be done. I know a good group of divers that would be interested in doing some sort of purpose related task underwater.

Not looking to change the world or anything, just looking for something positive to accomplish while enjoying our sport.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them. I'd prefer this to be in driving distance to the MD/N. VA area. Thanks.

Many of the various clean the bay initiatives and anyone involved in oyster or sea grass replenishment could do with volunteer divers. Not sure who would be close to you....

I don't know what kind of local diving you have, but you could consider trying to pick a site or two to make into a Project Baseline location. You do not have to be affiliated with GUE to do this, and it is meaningful work.

Thank you all for the ideas. I'm going to check each of them out.

How about archeological surveys and detailed scale mapping of Great Lakes shipwrecks?

Back
Top Bottom