Has anyone been to Mt. Storm in the last couple of weeks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Straus

Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what the current temp and vis are there.

I'm surprised the power company doesn't have a thermometer in the water there. If they do, I couldn't find it anywhere on their website.

Steve Straus:
I'm curious as to what the current temp and vis are there.

I'm surprised the power company doesn't have a thermometer in the water there. If they do, I couldn't find it anywhere on their website.
I'd bet they do have thermometers in the water. Since they aren't running a resort, it's not surprising that they don't put the readings on the web.

I rummaged around in the USGS streamflow pages since some of the measuring stations also have temperatures, but no luck.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wv/nwis/rt

Don Burke:
I'd bet they do have thermometers in the water. Since they aren't running a resort, it's not surprising that they don't put the readings on the web.

I rummaged around in the USGS streamflow pages since some of the measuring stations also have temperatures, but no luck.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wv/nwis/rt

I guess I'll just call up there and see if they'll tell me what the water is like.

That site is cool, I do a lot of fishing in WV during the summer.

I know one of the dive shops here was going there tomorrow. I was thinking about going but haven't got a heavy wetsuit and still waiting on dry suit training. They told me you still needed a thick wetsuit and I also heard one of the turbines was down and the water is not as warm as it usually is.

Hey guys:

I was down at mt. storm on the 27th of march & the water water temp was a warm 56 de. f.. The vis was terrible for the under current was very strong. The air temp that day was in the low 60's and the traditional rain was in the mountains.
I made the best of it for i was very dry......

have fun & most important "safe diving"

Sam.................

Back
Top Bottom