Wreck Master Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I hope I'm in the right forum for this question!
Has anyone heard of this op - Wreck Master Divers, Virginia beach? In particular - has anyone done any training with them?

Kim,

I have not dived with Wreck Master Divers but I have with Lynnhaven Dive Center (http://www.ldcscuba.com/). Lynnhaven is a good operation, so I would assume their training (SSI) is good as well. I have dived twice off VA Beach and have not had a good (visual) dive experience. I hope to get out to NC and dive off Morehead City this summer. The vis down there is supposed to be a whole lot better than what you can expect on the best of days in VA Beach.

Pedro

I'm asking because Wreck Master Divers does Technical training. I would really like to have a little info about them though. I live in Japan and it's a very long way to go!!! Right now I have only seen their internet sight.
By the way - what kind of water temperatures should I expect? What kind of exposure suit?

If you are looking to make a special trip to the states to learn Tech I would go to Northeast Scuba Supply. They are the premier dive center in New Jersey / Philly area. If you have ever read "Shadow Divers" Richy Kohler get his stuff there and his air. They will treat you right!

As far as conditions I would not do a tech class around here w/o a drysuit. Vis is typicaly 15-30 feet but can be as low as 1-2 feet.

Kim:
I'm asking because Wreck Master Divers does Technical training. I would really like to have a little info about them though. I live in Japan and it's a very long way to go!!! Right now I have only seen their internet sight.
Is there a particular reason you're looking at VA Beach? The diving isn't bad but if I was coming all the way from Japan for a class there are other places I'd probably pick.

Kim:
By the way - what kind of water temperatures should I expect? What kind of exposure suit?
Bottom temps will probably be low 50's to low 60's throughout most of the summer.

Kim:
I hope I'm in the right forum for this question!
Has anyone heard of this op - Wreck Master Divers, Virginia beach? In particular - has anyone done any training with them?
I have been to their shop a couple of times. I have not done any training through them.

I would not come to Virginia Beach for technical training. Florida or one of the quarry sites would give you more reliable weather. We get blown out too often to be a dive destination.

BTW, Lynnhaven and Divers Unlimited do technical training too.

They are horrible... I would NEVER EVER dive with them ever again. YOu can find my scathing review of their "service" on another thread of this board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom