Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Wreck Master Divers

Kim
    Here for my friends.....

Thinks Rambo is a twat.

Photos

Wreck Master Divers

I hope I'm in the right forum for this question!
    Has anyone heard of this op - Wreck Master Divers, Virginia beach? In particular - has anyone done any training with them?
    ............Kim.

At the end of the day we are all going home.

There is nowhere else to go.

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    Kim,

I have not dived with Wreck Master Divers but I have with Lynnhaven Dive Center (http://www.ldcscuba.com/). Lynnhaven is a good operation, so I would assume their training (SSI) is good as well. I have dived twice off VA Beach and have not had a good (visual) dive experience. I hope to get out to NC and dive off Morehead City this summer. The vis down there is supposed to be a whole lot better than what you can expect on the best of days in VA Beach.

Pedro

Kim
    Here for my friends.....

Thinks Rambo is a twat.

Photos
    I'm asking because Wreck Master Divers does Technical training. I would really like to have a little info about them though. I live in Japan and it's a very long way to go!!! Right now I have only seen their internet sight.
    By the way - what kind of water temperatures should I expect? What kind of exposure suit?
    ............Kim.

At the end of the day we are all going home.

There is nowhere else to go.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    If you are looking to make a special trip to the states to learn Tech I would go to Northeast Scuba Supply. They are the premier dive center in New Jersey / Philly area. If you have ever read "Shadow Divers" Richy Kohler get his stuff there and his air. They will treat you right!

As far as conditions I would not do a tech class around here w/o a drysuit. Vis is typicaly 15-30 feet but can be as low as 1-2 feet.
    Barclay

SDI and PADI Instructor

Mindless lemming

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    I'm asking because Wreck Master Divers does Technical training. I would really like to have a little info about them though. I live in Japan and it's a very long way to go!!! Right now I have only seen their internet sight.
    Is there a particular reason you're looking at VA Beach? The diving isn't bad but if I was coming all the way from Japan for a class there are other places I'd probably pick.

By the way - what kind of water temperatures should I expect? What kind of exposure suit?
    Bottom temps will probably be low 50's to low 60's throughout most of the summer.
    Cornfed, aka Drew

"I just fall more on the lines of just being an all around [jerk], which contrary to popular belief, really has nothing to do with DIR." -- JeffG

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    I hope I'm in the right forum for this question!
    Has anyone heard of this op - Wreck Master Divers, Virginia beach? In particular - has anyone done any training with them?
    I have been to their shop a couple of times. I have not done any training through them.

I would not come to Virginia Beach for technical training. Florida or one of the quarry sites would give you more reliable weather. We get blown out too often to be a dive destination.

BTW, Lynnhaven and Divers Unlimited do technical training too.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Photos

Yes....

They are horrible... I would NEVER EVER dive with them ever again. YOu can find my scathing review of their "service" on another thread of this board.
    zboss