Lake Tenkiller (Oklahoma)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OUScubaGrad07

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been to Tenkiller a couple of times and have seen the scuba park. Lakedivers.com states that: "
Things to see:
Rocky underwater bluffs
trees
sunken boat
suken airplane
submerged town
submerged houses
SNEAKY CAVERN!!"

Where do i find the town, houses and sneaky cavern? Does anyone have any experience seeing these things? Anyone have gps coordinates or have any idea where to find them? Also where do you find the best bluffs?

Sure, they are all there.

The only remains of the town is foundations. It's the town of old Cookson.
The main house site is the speak-easy site. (only accessible by boat, but there is a mooring bouy now)
You don't find sneaky cavern, it finds you. Honestly. It is located at Crappie point (as in the fish "crappie", not what you might have been thinking). Most people find by swimming along the wall at around 40' and suddenly realizing there is a roof over thier head.

I don't have nay GPS coords, I just know where they are. If I had a map in front of you, I could point them out. Or you can stop in at Nautical Adventures SCUBA in Cookson, and they will show you where everything is. The best bluffs are the Turkey Creek bluffs. Just south of the party cove across from Snake Creek cove IIRC.

Hey, does anyone know if Tim has sunk that Seaknight 'copter yet?

last I heard they were going to try and sink the copter this summer, but dont think it has happened as of yet.

what's the depth of the sneaky cavern?

Bottom is about 40-45 feet (depending on lake depth at the time). I don't know the ceiling hight. When I realized I was in the back of a cavern, I dropped back down to the floor, shot a compass bearing towards the spillway (opposite of the cliffs) and moved out. That's why it's important to know your bearings at all times.

From what LakerDiver says, the ceiling is domed, becuase he found his way in and couldn't (almost) find it back out.

Back
Top Bottom