Searching for Dive Info and Potential Dive Buddies for Beaver Lake, Arkansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heelsfaninpa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good evening everyone,
The family vacation this year will be to the in-laws who live on Beaver Lake. Although I have been here a couple of times, I am not familiar with the diving potential for Beaver Lake. We are going to be out there from the end of June to the middle of July.

Does anyone have any information on diving outfits that make routine trips on the lake? I have heard of C&J Sports through my mother-in-law, but I have heard very little out here on the boards.

Are there any other dive outfits, a buddy board, or shore diving on the lake?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to spend more time in the water than with the in-laws...if ya know what I mean!

Thanks!

Thanks. I will definately look him up before I leave.

Hi; There is a 2 easy shore dive sites just 1 or 2 miles from C&J Sports, close to the dam. The best one is a bluff dive up to 70 ft. deep. WELCOME ABORAD!!!!!

Hi; There is a 2 easy shore dive sites just 1 or 2 miles from C&J Sports, close to the dam. The best one is a bluff dive up to 70 ft. deep. WELCOME ABORAD!!!!!

Just keep going down, down, down. Goes way past 70 ft.

Much deeper than 70'...we've been to 110' and it still goes down from there. Great diving!

Thanks for the info. One last question, if you are doing shore dives, do you have to know another diver or is there a buddy board some place (on line or at the dive shop) with contacts?

Thanks for the info. One last question, if you are doing shore dives, do you have to know another diver or is there a buddy board some place (on line or at the dive shop) with contacts?

No required buddy system set up. You can dive solo if you want (I would recommend a dive flag)

On weekends there is usually somebody diving there (stairsteps), ask & I'm sure you will find someone to buddy with. Jim @ CJ's may be able to hook you up with someone also.

Keep checking this board & Scuba Toys forum, probably will be somebody heading down when you are there.

Have fun!

Wkndbum, thanks for all the good info. I will be giving C&J a call today. Guess I'll be packing my dive gear for vacation!!!

Thanks again.

For a quick trip to 150+ feet... Find the line to the sailboat.. Follow it to the sailboat in about 80ft of water. Then look for the line to the bluff.. Say hello to the alligator at 100ft and then follow the line over the bluff down to the skeleton guarding the treasure chest... With the water at this level thats at least 150ft. It was 142ft in January with the water way down.. If your still looking for buddies try Tulsa Aquanauts (Tulsa, OK) - Meetup.com.. always people ready to go to Beaver Lake there.

Back
Top Bottom