Scuba Diving in Kansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marsdiver246

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I didn't see a thread about places to scuba dive in Kansas, so I decided to start one.

I'm looking for a place to dive near Lawrence, Ks, so if you know of any great location, tell me please!
I would also like to see if someone would want to be my buddy and dive some new locations around here to see if they are any good for diving.
Douglas Lake near Baldwin City is on my list to dive.

I'm in Lawrence, but there isn't much diving here. I've read about a few private quarries in the area, but they are off limits as far as I know. The only decent options are in Missouri...starting with Oronogo and continuing down to Beaver Lake in Arkansas. Are you at KU?

I'm in Lawrence, but there isn't much diving here. I've read about a few private quarries in the area, but they are off limits as far as I know. The only decent options are in Missouri...starting with Oronogo and continuing down to Beaver Lake in Arkansas. Are you at KU?
I'm at Lawrence High School.
Do you know any of the owners to the quarries? We could always ask if we can dive in them.

I'm in Lawrence, too. I don't know any of the owners, or locations. I've only read about them on the forums in posts from a long time ago.

I came from South Dakota and while not Kansas, they share similarities as wheat fields and prairie don't make great dive sites.

I found the best approach was to gear up on the front porch, close my eyes, click my fins together 3 times, then keep repeating "there's no place like Cave Country" and....Poof...I'd wake up in North Florida.

Do any of you guys in Lawrence want to get together sometime in November and try diving a few places around here to see how they are for diving? We could try diving in Clinton Lake, Lone Star Lake, and Douglas County Lake.

I'm headed to Table Rock this weekend to dive, but I would certainly be down for exploring Clinton Lake. I'd need to grab a tank from the Scuba Shack, but other than that I am good to go. I haven't heard of anybody diving in Clinton Lake, though. I'd like to go before November...it'll be pretty chilly by then on the surface. If you know any local quarries...let me know. Maybe we can contact owners somehow....?

I would like to dive before November, but the BCD i'm ordering is backordered until the end of this month.
There is a quarry North of Clinton Lake park at the corner of E.700 road and 1400 road. You can look it up on google earth. I can't find out who owns it, but maybe you can find out who owns it.
Does Scuba Shack rent 7mm wet suits or semi-dry suits?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom