A Quiet Friday on Beaver ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So last Friday not this Friday I had to take a break from that thing called work and just do what I wanted without a phone going off every five min. So that being said I turned to my most trusted tool to relax...DIVING!!
It was just my and NO thoughts as I geared up at the truck and walked down to the Dam Site Bluffs. The only people were an older couple and three other diver's. With a small wind blowing I hit the water to very good viz about 10-15 ft not bad for this time of year, water temp was 78. I made my way below the water and set my flag at 44ft just right at the edge of what I like to call the "Dead Forets" I hold my depth and move west the water a cool 54 with a sharp thurmo at 30ft. I find the small propane flamingo propane flamingo.jpgand Angel #2 just right up from it. so I move on past the BIg rock and find the Pig #1 and a host of other statues I spend the next 54 min just enjoying the dive and seeing all that the lake had to offer today. A very good day with only two dives in but well worth it as the lake is very clear and calm for the most part for this time of year. angel #2.jpgBoy & dog 2.jpgdeer 2.jpgdolphin 1.jpgdolphin 2.jpgGOPR0009.jpgGOPR0016.jpgGOPR0017.jpgGOPR0019.jpgGOPR0020.jpgGOPR0021.jpgGOPR0022.jpgGOPR0023.jpgGOPR0024.jpgGOPR0025.jpgGOPR0026.jpgGOPR0027.jpgGOPR0028.jpgGOPR0032.jpg

Last edited:
GOPR0033.jpgGOPR0034.jpgGOPR0035.jpgGOPR0036.jpgGOPR0037.jpgGOPR0046.jpgjockey 2.jpgjockey 3.jpgMe 2014.jpgorenge cactus.jpgpig #1 1.jpgpig # 1.jpgpropane flamingo.jpgrock slide one.jpgGOPR0047.jpgGOPR0048.jpgGOPR0049.jpgjockey 1.jpgJust a few more photos from my dives. The jockey is looking a bit old and getting covered

I agree the viz was very good at Beaver lake last weekend. I was diving not far from Dam Site Bluffs and we had 15' to 20' of viz. I might have to slip away this coming week and go.

What's the average temp under? Or what suit do you guys usually use?

Only been diving down south and haven't done any lakes but looking forward to doing a few in the Midwest...

What's the average temp under? Or what suit do you guys usually use?

Only been diving down south and haven't done any lakes but looking forward to doing a few in the Midwest...

82 at surface, 76 down to 30ft and about 54 into the thurmo at 50 ft & down deep its around 48. if you are going no deeper tha 30 a tee will do but past that a 5/4/3mm or heavy 7mm and hood will be your best bet. I dive a 7mm all the best viz is past the thurmo, we had really bad viz this past Sat I think due to all of the storms.

56* at 60ffw Saturday at the dam site north bluffs. there was a really bad layer of silt between 31-40 feet then it opened up to about 15-20 feet vis below that.

not as many fish as there were last Saturday and vis was much worse overall. funny that the temp at 60 feet went down three degrees from last Saturday to yesterday.

---------- Post added July 27th, 2014 at 10:01 PM ----------

Or what suit do you guys usually use?

drysuit only for me I can't take the cold anymore

Thanks for all the info... looks like I might be investing in a dry suit sooner than I figured. I'm use to the warm water of Mexico and Costa Rica. Only have a 2/3 mm lavacore and half the time I don't even use that down there.

I'm guessing Table rock lake is about the same...?

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

David Herbert Lawrence

I'll be heading down to Beaver Lake this coming weekend, the 2nd & 3rd, for some diving fun. Anyone else going that weekend?

I'm guessing Table rock lake is about the same...?

You are guessing right, not much difference between Table Rock & Beaver when it comes to temps.

Back
Top Bottom