General "Zebulon" Pike Wreck Map

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Scan0004.jpgScan0005.jpgOK I love old maps and especially scuba maps, but their are is not enough of them out their for lake divers, so I have been working on all kinds of project's for mapping out lake site's and the like.

So I have been building a site plan for the General "Zebulon" Pike wreck on Table Rock lake and I'm looking for some feedback and help from the guy's who live and dive this wreck a lot. This wreck has a lot of good history and mystery about her and is a fantastic dive!

So please tell me what you think and how I can make this better!

I'm interested in diving this wreck someday. Thanks for the map effort. Only thing I could think of to improve it might be the use of software to standardize dimensions - but I really kind of like the treasure map effect of hand drawn though!

Ya this is only a start for this project and just looking for a little feedback.

And thanks Chicken Fried, we all need to hit this wreck it really is fantastic and I'm looking forward to Bennett Springs.

The only things I see that are off are right where the guide lines connects to the wreck there is a 55 gallon drum right there in the corner & the 2nd smokestack is laying right beside the railing from front to back of the boat. The other thing is the fallen canopy does not go all the way to the back of the boat, there is a chair sitting in that back corner. You can see the 55 gallon drum & the other smoke stack from about 22 secs to 55 secs in this video, and you can see the chair in the other corner that is caddy corner from where the guide line connects to the wreck. At about 3 minutes into this video you can see the chair in the back corner & see the fallen canopy does not go that far back. Great map though, for a first rough draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBS7o9qpafE

Can you add a GPS location as a benchmark for a point of reference?

The only things I see that are off are right where the guide lines connects to the wreck there is a 55 gallon drum right there in the corner & the 2nd smokestack is laying right beside the railing from front to back of the boat. The other thing is the fallen canopy does not go all the way to the back of the boat, there is a chair sitting in that back corner. You can see the 55 gallon drum & the other smoke stack from about 22 secs to 55 secs in this video, and you can see the chair in the other corner that is caddy corner from where the guide line connects to the wreck. At about 3 minutes into this video you can see the chair in the back corner & see the fallen canopy does not go that far back. Great map though, for a first rough draft.

Thanks for the feedback Dweller with only two dives in somewhat black water the little details mean the most for something like this.
I might hold off and see what viz is like after the first of the year, what would you suggest for a good month to hit this site?
I think the side profile is what will take me the most time as video is hard to make out and photo's are almost nonexistent.
Like I was telling another guy on FB the other night when I popped out of the stairs I never once turned around to see what was their other wise I would have spotted the other stack.
Seems I will have to spend more time on the General!

Can you add a GPS location as a benchmark for a point of reference?

Yes I have GPS for the site and plan on putting them on the final map after I put it through cad and make it look "real".

Thanks to all for the feedback and I look forward to other help! :D

Back
Top Bottom