Hello I have a Question about an underwater town. (Table Rock)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichelleG

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all I come seeking information

I think this will be the right board.

I was interested to know if there is an underwater town in Table Rock Lake around Branson or if I am remembering wrong and am thinking of the one in Lake of the Ozarks.

Thanks so much

Michelle

Not that I've heard of. Just a footing or foundation here and there. Any town would have been underwater for 45+ years. Probably not a lot left if there was one. BTW welcome to the board. James Goddard is our Midwest resident expert. If he doesn't answer your thread you can e-mail him.

There isn't a town, but there is a underwater forest. It's called the Enchanted Forest it's about a 1/2 mile north of Table Rock Dam. If you descend to 65-80 feet you'll be at the base of a grove of large submerged oak trees, some of which break the surface. LOTS of fish, only other thing I know about is a sunken houseboat.

Dewey Short located at the Table Rock Lake dam is one of the best spots to dive on the lake. 35 feet vis. in the spring, with a maximum depth of about 200 feet. They don't allow boats in that area. Hope this helps. :D

The town is long gone... There is a bridge you can dive.

Thanks for the info.. I had heard there was a town with the streets .. old cars.. stop signs ect. Must have been rumor :)

We asked Louis at Scuba Sports last time we were there in regards to this "town". He said it was the town of Oasis, I believe, but he said that there is really nothing to see there anymore. And that was if you knew exactly were to look. As for the enchanted forest... I wouldn't recommend this dive to anyone who wasn't completely comfortable with themselves or their buddies skills until the water clears up significantly. "Dive" and I did this dive last time and this was definately not a beginners dive. Many entanglement possibilities. If you are not familiar with the lake and it's dive sites you might check out www.scubaadventurer.com. They have several popular spots named. Also check with any of the three shops on the lake and they will point you towards a few not listed on the website, some of which are fun and at shallower depths. Hope this helps. Brandon

norangsdalen01.jpg
P1.jpg

Have a look at these then, you seekers of lost cities under water! Although not a lost city, this is a lost mountain farm under 40 feet of crystal clear water in a Norwegian mountain lake. There was a rock slide I think about a hundred years ago, and this farm was flooded as did the whole valley. A tragedy then, a curiosity now. And a heck of a good dive spot as well!

And what's more, it's on the way back home from one of the best diving in the world near Alesund and Molde on the NW coast of Norway. We can get a good freshwater rinse of our gear at the same time! :wink:

More great pics here, but text in Norwegian: http://www.aegir.no/lygn.htm

ozarkjim:
Not that I've heard of. Just a footing or foundation here and there. Any town would have been underwater for 45+ years. Probably not a lot left if there was one. BTW welcome to the board. James Goddard is our Midwest resident expert. If he doesn't answer your thread you can e-mail him.

You can also check out the board I have mentioned in my sig. James is there almost 24/7 it seems like.

Hey Kompressor,

Those pics look exactly like Table Rock Lake at depth. We get a little more color, though, and don't need wetsuits. ROFLMAO.

Excellent pics! Thanks for posting them.

Actually, the Enchanted Forest IS alot like your second photo, with the exception of being able to see more than 5 feet in front of you. I love swimming through the trees.

theskull

Back
Top Bottom