ATTN ALL NAVY DIVERS(current or retired)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paintsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
if you wouldnt mind could you please describe your job, the requirements, how you like it, and any other info that you may find relevent to a potential recruit.

im really intrested in a dive career in the navy but cant find too much info on it.

i know there are several different types of divers and that the SEALS use diving equipment and all but that is secendary for them
i want diving to be the PRIMARY part of my job

thank you all for your time and i hope to hear from you soon

If you really are interested in a diving career in the US Navy, then please call me at the Navy Experimental Diving Unit and I'll set you up with one of our divers who can counsel you on the various options and jobs available. You can reach us at 850-230-3100, and ask for the Commanding Officer, or the Command Master Diver.
Please, if you're really interested in this, call. We need Navy Divers, and if you can meet the requirements and pass the school, it's a great job!

This may be a little off topic.

I have known a total of two former Navy (not Seal or UDT) divers over the last 15 years. They are among the finest, most professional people I have met above or below the water. They had character. I don't know if these two are representative of the profession, but if they are you couldn't be in better company.

If you decide to go that route, I hope you encounter the same type of people along the way.

This may be a little off topic.

I have known a total of two former Navy (not Seal or UDT) divers over the last 15 years. They are among the finest, most professional people I have met above or below the water. They had character. I don't know if these two are representative of the profession, but if they are you couldn't be in better company.

If you decide to go that route, I hope you encounter the same type of people along the way.

My stuff is really dated but I was one from 64-70. I had to go the hard way but what I learned has stuck with me my entire life and I'm still using it. The only way I can describe it is that I loved it, I miss it and I'd do it again in a heart beat.

The best part was the MK-5 diving.

Your attitude has more to do with getting through school than anything else. Go do it and enjoy. If you like diving stay away from the SEAL program and stay with salvage and repair.

Gary D.

Another option is to look at the EOD program. That's what got me into the diving side of the house. I spend a lot of time diving, and have been lucky enough to dive all over the world.
If you go this route, be it Navy Diver or EOD, you will meet some of the most honest and professional people in your life. Dive School is no joke, and there is no guarantee you will pass. I still use what I was taught, and still believe the best divers come from there. You graduate from Panama City, and you will be more than qualied to dive anywhere, or turn that into your career if you choose to leave when your enlistment is up.
I have had more good times since I did this, and only wish I didn't wait so long before going to this side of the house.

Back
Top Bottom