wounded soldiers to GTMO, Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockwaterx

SUDS
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
SUDS "soldiers undertaking disabled scuba" is taking 6 wounded soldiers from Walter Reed in D.C. down to the Naval Base in GTMO, Cuba to complete their checkout dives for certification. We leave in early November. For more info about the program go to SUDS Diving Home

SUDS "soldiers undertaking disabled scuba" is taking 6 wounded soldiers from Walter Reed in D.C. down to the Naval Base in GTMO, Cuba. We leave in early November. For more info about the program go to www.sudsdiving.com

Got my OW cert at Gitmo in 91. Best diving in the World there IMHO(next to Coldwater diving). Pristine and untouched

:clapping: and thankyou! i hope all the guys have a great time

As a young Army brat growing up during the 60's I was witness to our veterans coming home with body parts missing, burned, maimed, or disfigured. I often wondered what our country would do (other than money) to offset their sacrifice in some way. Let me tell you, it can never be repaid. After seeing so many of our troopers coming back from this war looking very similiar to what I saw many years ago it makes me feel better when I read articles about our medical services going beyond the extra mile. The many years I served I was lucky. After jumping out of airplanes, live fires, about a million training exercises, and some really crazy stuff on the DMZ in Korea I was able to come out of it all with all the parts intact. Those of us that have served and see our fellow troopers getting proper medical treatment and rehabilation is comforting. Our troopers will do some incredible things if they know someone will take care of them if they get hurt. My hope is that the policy makers of our country understand and appreciate the sacrifice they and their families make for our great nation. Thank you to all that help our wounded warriors. That comes from deep within my rucksack. I'll carry your poggie bait, extra ammo, extra water, extra socks, and anything else you want any day of the week......Thanks for everything. God Bless Our Warriors and Their Families.

Rockwaterx,

Always good to hear stories like this.....looking to help out up here in the northeast anyway I can. Should be certified through Rescue Diver within the next month or so. Any ideas or know of any organization doing the same thing up here?

Have a ball brothers...have a ball.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom