Ranger panties?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armymutt25A

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After doing a few dives in a regular pair of swim trunks, I'm looking for lower bulk alternatives for wear under my wetsuit. I'm considering trying a pair of Ranger panties. Anyone tried them under a wetsuit?

being an ex-ArmyRanger myself, I'm interested, just exactly what are Ranger Panties?

Hey Armymutt25A:

Are you referring to the black PT shorts with the scroll on the left side? I'd hardly call them panties but they are pretty thin. You could either go through the RIP and head to a battalion to get a pair and a few other neat trinkets or save your feelings and muscle ache just pick up a pair at Ranger Joes in Columbus Georgia. They are just a pair of running shorts from Soffe but I wouldn't wear a pair with a scroll on them if I had never suffered there.

Or you could just use shorts like from Columbia [sporting goods] which are non-bulky and dry quickly. That's what I use and they go great under a 3mm, 5mm, and or a 7mm wetsuit.

And finally, don't use UDT's. They are thick, have that annoying buckle, and admittedly outside of military applications, they look gay even with a name tape on the thigh. You have been warned. DON'T DO IT!

Kind regards,
Thomas

Armymutt - Check into quick drying cycling shorts. The ones I bought have an inner liner to keep your goods in place.

Aeroskin shorts work really well.

Or you can be gay and wear Speedos.

Speedo Jammers work real well. Plenty of coverage for the goods, but they fit tight to thighs making them real easy to get into a wetsuit. Red hat is optional.

being an ex-ArmyRanger myself, I'm interested, just exactly what are Ranger Panties?

Ranger panties are like the modern PT shorts, but much shorter and lighter in weight. Haven't seen any with a scroll - might be something the Bat boys do. Around these parts, people usually wear them for after shower wear.

Columbus is a wee bit far to go for a pair of shorts when there are many fine stores around here. I'll count myself lucky if I never have to see V-D again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom