Fish identification books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gabster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone could advise me. I am going on a trip to Cocos Island in October and would be really keen to get a book on the fish in that area. The only thing that I have seen is a book on fish in the galapagos. Does anyone know whether this would be close enough or have any other ideas about books or where I could look ?

Thanks very much

Gabi

Gabster:
Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone could advise me. I am going on a trip to Cocos Island in October and would be really keen to get a book on the fish in that area. The only thing that I have seen is a book on fish in the Galapagos. Does anyone know whether this would be close enough or have any other ideas about books or where I could look ?

Thanks very much

Gabi

You might want to consider this book which I own. This one has more information than the one that the other gentleman suggested but it might be slightly more expensive. This book is from the same publisher that he suggested.

http://www.fishid.com/cgi-bin/shop.cgi?action=show&product=FISH_ID&session=XyYtnqGg

Gabster:
Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone could advise me. I am going on a trip to Cocos Island in October and would be really keen to get a book on the fish in that area. The only thing that I have seen is a book on fish in the Galapagos. Does anyone know whether this would be close enough or have any other ideas about books or where I could look ?

Thanks very much

Gabi

Actually ignore my earlier post. I selected the wrong link from the web site.
I misread your original post. I gave you a link for the Caribbean when you wanted one for the Cocos islands.

I didn't realize it until after I clicked on the submit button.

Sorry for the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom