PLEASE help me prove i wasn't narked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frosty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I apologise if this isn't in the correct forum.
On a recent dive I was at 50m/150 feet on the deck of a wreck in 30m/90 foot viz tropical water.
I spotted a fish I have never seen before. I grabbed the "trusty" camera and snapped a shot of it.-Yea the lens had fogged during the descent so afterwards no proof the fish existed.
When I surfaced I tried to describe the fish and got the "ahh man you were narked"
So Im hoping based on my description someone can say that this fish exists.
If you could picture an Angel fish. 200mm/8 inches across but with a body in sepia.
The bit that grabbed my attention was what looked like a line of bright blue LED's along the full outline of the fish.
To be honest its bugging me because I can't find that exact fish on any ID charts.

Lol Dude, so narked ������������!!!

I apologise if this isn't in the correct forum.
On a recent dive I was at 50m/150 feet on the deck of a wreck in 30m/90 foot viz tropical water.
I spotted a fish I have never seen before. I grabbed the "trusty" camera and snapped a shot of it.-Yea the lens had fogged during the descent so afterwards no proof the fish existed.
When I surfaced I tried to describe the fish and got the "ahh man you were narked"
So Im hoping based on my description someone can say that this fish exists.
If you could picture an Angel fish. 200mm/8 inches across but with a body in sepia.
The bit that grabbed my attention was what looked like a line of bright blue LED's along the full outline of the fish.
To be honest its bugging me because I can't find that exact fish on any ID charts.

9781558580091_p0_v3_s260x420.JPG

aww comeone guys-The fish has to exist. it almost looks like a queen angel.
Incidently --same dive trip working on equalising with my youngest lad.
he was using a mooring line to go up and down.
He popped to the surface and grabbed for a bit of the mooring line that was floating on the surface.
-Only um-it wasn't mooring line it was a 1.5m (5 foot0 sea snake sunning itself on the surface

Lesson to be learned here is the camera can really save the day, when it comes to so called "encounters down under" mystery.

Was it solid sepia or was there a bar/stripe pattern?
Any patterns on it's forehead? You sure it was an Angel fish or body similar to an Angel fish.
Any coloration on it's fins? Caudal, pec, dorsal?

You won't believe how far away from an ID you can get if you assume something just slightly off about your ID.

Also keep in mind depth and narcosis can make you see funny lights and different shades of color.
So yeah, you probably were narced. :D

Back
Top Bottom