New to NASE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCat33

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've just started researching this organization today. Had a few questions, as I haven't heard of the organization prior to this research.

First, I would assume that NASE is internationally recognized, just like PADI, NAUI, ETC.?

How long has the organization been around?

What does it take to cross-over to instruct?

Yes, NASE is internationally recognized. Talk to Pete (NetDoc) the chairman of the board here. He's a NASE instructor. The only thing wrong with the organization is that it should be pronounced "NACE" instead of "NAH-ZEE" IMHO. :)

Well, if you are a cave diver you probably know about them because Harry Averill (a respected NSS-CDS sponsor and former GUE instructor) took over the helm of the cave program. I know 3 cave instructors who crossed over to NASE.

I've been diving over 30 years and I have never heard of a C-card being rejected. Once in Bonaire, in 1990, a PADI instructor asked me what PDIC was and booked my charter that day.

Some of these smaller certification agencies seem to be popping up (ie: PDIC), or atleast becoming more popular, so it seems.

Yes, and the sale of PADI and SSI is creating an interest by dive professionals in less corporate organizations.

After looking at the NASE website it looks like they dont have a Hypoxic trimix course and their cave course looks like a one shot course. No intro, app cave? Just full cave? Is this correct? I also couldnt get their Instructor/dive shop locator to work.Crossover requieres you to have a test evaluator signature but how do you locate one if the instructor search doesnt work? I guess you would have to call HQ. Are there any NASE shops in FL. Ive never seen one.

Harry always believed that there should never be any such thing as a "half trained cave diver."

As you know as an instructor, shops that teach for primarily or only through PADI and SSI tend to affiliate more than shops that don't. Most other dive shops that aren't with those agencies tend to have instructors and staff that represent many other agencies. I think it is because shops that want to affiliate find lots of value in "branding" while those shops that cater to all agencies find branding to be less important.

Back
Top Bottom