Welcome!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Nautilus Lifeline will be available in the UK!

At this time, we currently do not have a dealer located in South Africa. We are constantly adding new dealers from all around the world. You can always check out our Dealer Map on our website to find the dealer closest to you.

You can also order the Nautilus Lifeline at our website at any time.

Thank you!

I saw this in DAN this month. If it does what is says, it is a no brainer!

I want to touch one, play with one, hold onto one. Have you shipped any to any LDS's in the Baltimore Metro Area?

I don't know if you guys are thinking about version 2.0 yet, but here is a thought. An antenna upgrade or replacement that could attach to your giant 6ft SMB. It could help get that signal out of heavy swells!

Kat,

I been using something like your product since Icom M88 came to the market in early 2000 and previous to that I rigged my own "dismantled" VHF in Underwater Kinetic UK1200 light housing but could only transmit with beeping tone ( limit switch placed at torch light ON-OFF and use a beeper module ) and, voice transmission only when I drifted to some shore ( radio not waterproof ).

Now I carry Icom M72 or a Standard HX850 with GPS, however I like Icom M72 beter due its 1.5 meter waterproof rating and biggest battery life capacity, housed inside a Underwater Kinetic D8.
I also carry a FastFind 406 PLB using special 180 meter rated nylon cannister.

Both the Icom M72 and the FastFind 406 PLB can fit together in the UK D8 torch housing.
The problem has always been the housing, so buying a UK D8 as a proven waterproof housing was the cheapest option for me back then.

My question is, what is transmission power set at and is there any options to change TX power setting ?

Your unit is what I been dreaming of, GPS + VHF + housing in one offering.........well done !
I been saved by my radio at least 3 times. In fact I invested in a Sitex Radio Direction Finder for just this SAR purpose but fortunately never got to use it..:D

I am thinking to get SPOT Satellite Messenger too but the Asian rep is still not decided since 2009.

Two more questions :

- How loud is the speaker volume of your unit ? The speaker look very small. This is very important in strong wind. Icom M88 and Icom M72 has good speaker loudness, the old Icom M1 is bad.

- Have you tested the speaker audio quality after submersion ? Since it is facing skywards, if there is no water drain hole or some sort of Gore-Tex membrane the audio will collapsed due to the speaker membrane full of water and it won't vibrate. This is what happened to Icom M88 after many submersion, I lost speaker audio and I thoght radio was broken. This is corrected on Icom M72 with water drain hole at speaker grille. I wish Icom would place a Gore Tex membrane over the speaker grille and no need to blow dry speakers with my mouth or shake the radio to clear water off the speaker membrane.

Again, congrats on such a wonderful device. Finally someone is making them.

Many Thanks
Iya

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom