Nautilus lifeline software/firmware updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The_Aviator_1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A few days ago a thread was posted offering to sell a nautilus lifeline and a man made a claim to be with the company and that firmware updates wouldn't be offered to people who purchased used lifelines. I emailed the company directly to ask about this and this was their reply

"Our policy is and always will be to support owners of the LifeLine Marine Rescue Radio.

Manufacturer's Warranty, as with any other electronic or consumer product on the market, is for the original owner of the equipment but our support has never ended with a warranty period.

Our Software is available to anyone with internet access and if the software is installed and the LifeLine connected any Firmware updates will be installed.

I do not know why this person has made these claims but anyone with questions is welcome to contact me directly.

Regards,

Terry Wilson

Senior Sales Executive

Phone 001 604 241 1918 | Fax 001 604 241 1922

I hope this helps anyone who is interested in purchasing one to continue to feel safe and confident in their purchase!

He does not sound like an imposter, after receiving my first reply from Lifeline I replied back sending them a link to the thread nautilusmike posted. Lifeline replied back with the following statement

"Thank you. There have been problems with stolen and fraudulently obtained units but we are dealing with that issue. The gist of the post by Captain Mike could have been worded much better.

As I said, we will always support legitimate owners whether they are the original purchaser or someone who has purchased a used unit from a friend or colleague. We will normally contact an original owner for confirmation of the unit’s sale before clearing registration for a new owner to try and control any grey market issues such as we have seen recently on EBAY and a few other online sites.."

When I read Nautilusmike's original post, I too felt as if he was stating they would pretty much be cutting off any service or firmware updates. In reading the above message, I feel like the more appropriate wording would be that you should use caution in purchasing used ones, if they are stolen Nautilus will contact the original registered owner prior to permitting reregisration. But, as long as it isn't stolen they will do everything you would expect from a manufacturer. I hope this helps to clear things up!

A lot of confusion could be eliminated if companies would follow traditional business protocols and simply use their real, full names and include a company signature with company name, position and contact information in it instead of f'n anonymous chat room names like sexxyboy23. If someone is going to represent a company, represent it correctly.

A lot of confusion could be eliminated if companies would follow traditional business protocols and simply use their real, full names and include a company signature with company name, position and contact information in it instead of f'n anonymous chat room names like sexxyboy23. If someone is going to represent a company, represent it correctly.

http://youtu.be/-Ct14Ft_sWk

Thank you all for reaching out to us and to Aviator for posting my response. I have spoken with Captain Mike and he apologizes for the wording of his post in the other thread.

We have had a few units reported to us as stolen and what he had meant to say was:

" People who purchase grey market units should ensure that they can receive the original receipts from the seller. Nautilus LifeLine will not offer support for stolen units"

When we have someone who wants to register a previously owned unit we will normally contact the previous owner for confirmation so that we can work with the new owner and provide full support for their registration and help if they have questions or would like to arrange for servicing of the unit.

Our mission is still to save lives and provide peace of mind to those who live, work and play on the open water.

Terry Wilson

Senior Sales Executive

Phone
call_skype_logo.png
001 604 241 1918 | Fax 001 604 241 1922

Last edited:
The other thread was closed by the Originator before I could post there. I am new to this board so if it is possible to have a moderator merge the threads, who should I reach out to?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom