Have you updated your Nautilus LifeLine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NautilusTerry

Registered
Reaction score
Nautilus LifeLine regularly releases updates to the related Desktop Software and Firmware for the Nautilus LifeLine Marine Rescue Radio.

Since the Nautilus LifeLine was released to the market in 2011, there have been multiple updates to improve functionality and changes to improve performance.

If you own a Nautilus LifeLine please check back on our support site every couple of months (Nautilus Lifeline Support - Getting Started) when you are charging your unit to see if there is a new release available that will help the performance of your LifeLine and make it simpler for you to run a self diagnostic before every dive trip, have an updated regional list of channels to choose from, or gain new features in the menu you can access directly on your LifeLine.

With the most recent update to Firmware version 0.80 we have had proven DSC Reception at a range of 34 Miles (55 KM)

We are still working to improve the update procedure for MAC systems.

Should you have any questions or concerns about the operation of your LifeLine, please call us, email us or take advantage of the "Live Chat" available during the week (Monday - Friday) 8AM PST/PDT to 4:30PM PST/PDT.

If you have one of the original units and have any concerns with performance, we will still assist even if the warranty period has expired. Nautilus LifeLine was designed by Divers, for Divers and we sincerely hope you never have to use it but should the situation arise, we want you to be able to use it with confidence.

With the most recent update to Firmware version 0.80 we have had proven DSC Reception at a range of 34 Miles (55 KM)

Thanks for the reminder to check for updates as I often charge from a cell phone charger.

I am left with a concern though as the update information seems to go all different directions.

From your website "Firmware Upgrade to version 1.0 is temporarily disabled for further testing. .76 firmware should be used until further notice."

From the software update on my computer it stated it was going to install version 1.0.

Please correct the info, then I will consider performing the update once it states the correct version will be installed.

What Peter_C said!

Does that mean we should do .80 firmware????? :confused:

Thank you both! I have the web site information being updated now. The current Software version that you have installed on your computer should be version 0.3.69 and Firmware version 0.80 is the most up to date. If you have a different software on your computer, please remove it through the control panel and download the current version to prevent errors in upgrading.

Reactions: Jax
While you are updating your website,

How it reads: "PC (Windows Vista, 7, 8)"

could you put the software version up there? So we can compare what we have versus what you offer?

From the software update on my computer it stated it was going to install version 1.0.

To be more clear it was from the "Read Me" pop up, after I installed the 3.69 software onto my computer. I did not check the version number of the pop up.

The Read Me listed on the website is still incorrect, but I assume that will be updated promptly.

Thank you for the good support as always :)

While you are updating your website,

How it reads: "PC (Windows Vista, 7, 8)"

could you put the software version up there? So we can compare what we have versus what you offer?

Jax, I am not the Web Master but I will pass that suggestion along. Moving forward if you start with the current software, the updates should automatically upgrade your software when a new release is posted on our server.

We released version 1.0 firmware too soon and it caused a break in continuity for the software and firmware upgrades. We now have checks and balances in place to prevent this from happening in the future.

Mine hung during the update. No display, would not turn on, and would not indicate connection to software. I thought I may have bricked it. Reconnected it and went to Updates -> Firmware/Configuration -> Update or Repair Firmware. Followed instructions to press all 3 buttons at same time. It then updated and is working fine.

Thanks for the update.

I tried to update mine and it crashed. I called you and you said it was compatibility issues with windows 8.0. I had to go back to my windows Vista computer to get my Nautilus to function again. Have you fixed the issues with Windows 8.0 yet?

I had Windows 8 issues this morning when I updated. Eventually, it seems to have worked.

Sure would be nice to have it work smoothly with the current version of Windows (which I strongly dislike for many other reasons.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom