Lost at Sea!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkaterenchuk

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Posting my first hand account for the benefit of those that might wish to consider adding a PLB to there gear. Although this was a technical dive situation in which most of the reader here would not be engage in the recommendation for the purchase of a PLB apply to all diver whom dive in the ocean. I have done a large number of recreational dives including locations such as SE Florida and Cozumel in which strong currents can arise.

Lost at Sea! - Rebreather World

John

Gee whizzies :shakehead: as someone else said there, riveting. Appreciate you sharing all of that.

Posting my first hand account for the benefit of those that might wish to consider adding a PLB to there gear. Although this was a technical dive situation in which most of the reader here would not be engage in the recommendation for the purchase of a PLB apply to all diver whom dive in the ocean. I have done a large number of recreational dives including locations such as SE Florida and Cozumel in which strong currents can arise.

Lost at Sea! - Rebreather World

John

John,

Please explain what a PLB is and how it works.

Here is a link to the system and structure used to respond to the alert. It also shows the coverage area by satelite system which includes all of Thailand.

English Index Page

Here is a link to the list that includes Thailand as a participating country. You might call the department of aviation to determine how they respond if you want.

List of Participants

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom