Off the rack wetsuit for short and big bellied people?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grimloc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looked at all the size charts for many off the rack wetsuits. Which dimension do you think you should fit to? My gut is probably the biggest outlier....do you go with an XL because of the belly....and just live with the robust inseam? Do the super-stretchy suits make going down a size or so possible?

You are being too vague. It is understandable that you don't want to post you measurements, but how else are we supposed to answer your question? An off the rack hyperstretch short size might fit you but it might not. Some people do require custom-made suits.

Height: 5'7'
Neck: 16.5"
Chest under the breasts: 40"
Inseam: 29"
Waste at the belt: 37"
Belly at the fat: 42"

Not a pretty picture...I know.

LiquidFit they can fit anyone and have reasonable priceing

Grimloc, you probably have experience buying clothes "off the rack" when a snug fit is not a problem. . . For a wetsuit to work it must fit snuggly over your entire body. There are few box suits that will fit anyone outside the "standard". A small number of companies will alter a standard size suit to semi custom fit. . . and there are several Custom fit wetsuit companies. Search the web and you'll find the custom fit companies. . . several in Thailand are quick and not much more than a "box" suit. If you "settle" for a poor fit, you won't be able to dive as long or comfortable as your dive partners. If you can't be comfortable in the water you may like many other divers. . . quit, only because you look for a bargain, instead of looking for comfort.

I too suffer from the same condition. I have the pinnacle elastiprene. They stretch like mad and are really cheap right now. I got a new 7 mil for less than $200 on line last month.

Don't know how the men's fit, but Bare is good for shorties. I bought mine to match my weight. Even though the height was listed at 2-4 inches taller than I am and it is a great fit (even bordering on the short end - a relief after all of the far too long in the arms and legs rentals I've used).

Get a custom fitted suit. Off the rack suits will be too tight in some spots and too loose in others. DAMHIKT

Try the BARE site. I am shaped similarly. About 5'5" and pushing 200 lbs. Bought on line based on their sizing chart. Men's must fit as the women's cause like Lynn said, get it a little taller ad it fits well. I got the LS/large short. and a decent price. and I like the fit.

Randy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom