Any tips for January Drysuit Course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Decompressionable

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm planning to take a drysuit course this january. anything you veterans think I should be prepared for or know?

i'm really excited!

thanks,

tmg

Where are you planning on taking the course? How many dives do you have without the drysuit? What type of dry suit are you leaning towards to use?

Will the OW dives be in what temp?

Completely close the zipper after peeing or be quite the spectacle.

This really didn't happen to me in front of my students a few weeks ago. Really. It must have been someone else.

I'm going to be taking a drysuit course as well in January. Should be fun, albeit a bit cold.

What part of the world are you in?

Here in New England, the OW should be in the 40's (f) - I think... I've got a pool session first around the 7th and then 2 OW dives a couple weeks later.

I've got 50 dives so far under my belt myself.

Good Luck with your class!

Just relax, pay attention and have fun. Really enjoy it myself.....

I'm planning to take a drysuit course this january. anything you veterans think I should be prepared for or know?

i'm really excited!

thanks,

tmg

Don't ware cotton under the dry suit. If (when) the cotton gets damp, you will get cold.

Don't overweight yourself. If you put enough air in your suit to relieve the squeeze and you still sink like a rock, you are overweighted. This is THE MOST COMMON mistake a new dry suit diver can make.

Like the other fellow said, make sure the zipper is fully closed and have fun.

Don't overweight yourself.

Yet, be prepared to wear a bunch of weight for your first dive(s). The weight will come down as you figure out diving dry.

Completely close the zipper after peeing or be quite the spectacle.

This really didn't happen to me in front of my students a few weeks ago. Really. It must have been someone else.

We have an exclusive club up here north. "We who do not close the zipper" :D
-Quite a few members by now. Started on a Norwegian scuba forum (Dykking med Dykkesiden) a couple of years ago.

hink I should be prepared for or know?

Drysuit is very easy, you'll be warm and comfortable for possibly the first time ever.

Make damn sure the suit is a good fit and you aren't overweighted and thats about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom